HELP!! I NEED VAC LINE INFO or DIAGRAM

Started by scootertramp, July 06, 2002, 04:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

I found a CAPPED OFF VAC LINE and I am unable to find a diagram to help me.. CAN any of you help.. WHERE does the REAR CYLINDER carb diaphram vac line go TO? also where can I get a NEW hanging VAC BREATHER PIECE.. this one seems restricted.. I have an 82.. ANY ONE  wanna give me a GRAND for my NEAR MINT(MODS) VISION? ahahahaha this ain't a bad bike for a once junker...
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

Lucky

There should be one capped off fitting, that is correct.

>>WHERE does the REAR CYLINDER carb diaphram vac line go TO?

By rear "carb cylinder diaphram" do you mean the accelerator pump? the vac line for it is actually a fuel supply line for the front accel pump.

>>also where can I get a NEW hanging VAC BREATHER PIECE
--Are you talking about the YICS?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

scootertramp

???THIS was me.. ??? THEN I got "lucky" ;D ;Dahahaha SO lucky; that CAPPED OFF VAC Line is for CARB SYNCING? oh I get it now.. THE hanging piece I mentioned is a vac line comeing off the front CYL. ... it has a breather attachment on the end with an eye-hole for a screw or bolt.. I thought it hung with the YICS yet cannot get it to fit there... SPEAKING OF "YICS" WHERE can I get a "NEW" SPARE CHAMBER? cause it is a matter of time till MINE goes DOWN... not if but WHEN...ALSO ARE  BOTH exhausts supposed to be equally HOT???
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

Lucky

QuoteTHE hanging piece I mentioned is a vac line comeing off the front CYL. ... it has a breather attachment on the end with an eye-hole for a screw or bolt..

If the piece you are talking about is shaped like a round disk, plastic, grey on the top, black on the bottom with a metal "holder" on the bottom, then this is a filter for the front carb. it is screwed to the threaded boss on the front carb that is the same as the idle speed thumb screw on the rear carb. ?be sure to use the right screw to bolt the filter on, it has a very fine thread, same as the thumb screw

the vacume line for this filter attached to the top front of the front carb. the fitting is kind of at an angle pointing to the right.

on my bike the left pipe is hotter also. ?if you ever have a chance to see the collector with the pipes cut off, you ?would see that the left pipe is nearly a straight shot through the collector with very little baffling compared to the right side. ?this may be why the left is hotter than the right. ?it may be a normal condition.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black