News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

My Vision photos

Started by couchflyer, January 27, 2008, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

couchflyer

Quote: I also have the 404's, can't say they haven't worked fine but I will go to what ever is the stickest tire available when these wear out, I need any edge I can get.

I have to tell you about the tires.  When I first got the Vision the front tire was replaced and the rear tire needed replacing.  The tires were the recommended sizes.  Now before I purchased the Vision I read somewhere on line that there is an issue with the steering it was kinda wandered a bit or there was an oscillation in the front.  But I made the purchase after a test run, on a smooth road.  Well I get home and took it on some not so smooth roads and man that front end had a mind of its own.  If I went over an uneven part of the road the bike would shift and it would really follow a line.  Well I figured I'd replace the front tire with the rear tire on a whim, most likely because it wasn't too expensive and I found the correct tire sizes.  Well it turned out that the previous owner had put a rear tire on the front!  :o 

Well with the Dunlops on it rides great.  I have no issues with the steering, I haven't had any wobbling in the front.  It handles really well.
1982 Yamaha Vision ~ 1 Black & 1 Red
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2008 Ducati 1098 ~ Track only
Sola Scriptura