News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Good Reads on Riding Techniques

Started by visionless, April 27, 2007, 09:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visionless

I had a request for a book on riding techniques and thought this might be a topic more people would be interested in.  When I got my first bike these are two books my Dad a very experienced rider gave my to get my feet wet.  Great reads that I would recommend even for the more experienced rider.  The first book, Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch, Would be the one I recommend for newer riders.  Smooth Riding The Pridmore Way is a little more advanced.  If you have any more recommended reads, post them here.

Chris

Sport Riding Techniques                         Nick Ienatsch            ISBN  1-893618-07-2

Smooth Riding The Pridmore Way             Reg Pridmore             ISBN 1-884313-46-9
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

haunter

I have heard great things and am going to read sport riding techniques.  The author is a past AMA champion.

I have electronic copies of Twist of the Wrist I and II that I would be willing to share, havent cracked em yet, but heard decent htings about II and OK things about I
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Coil Coyle

h2olawyer

Two more excellent books are Proficient Motorcycling and More Proficient Motorcycling by David L. Hough.  Proficient Motorcycling is really more strategies for dealing with situations which may happen on the roads.  I've read it several times and highly recommend it.  I have not yet read More Proficient Motorcycling so I can't make any comment other than I've heard it is excellent as well.

www.amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1889540536

www.amazon.com/More-Proficient-Motorcycling-Mastering-Ride/dp/1931993033/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/104-6018546-8959938

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

Twist of the wrist I and II are both full of good tips and techniques.  In my experience, there is no one
style or technique that works best for everyone or every situation, but the more ideas you are exposed
to and the more techniques you try to master, the better the chances are that you will have an answer for whatever situations and conditions you encounter.

Ron

supervision

Here's a tip, make it threw the turn without crashing
" border="0

visionless

Quote from: supervision on April 28, 2007, 09:24:55 AM
Here's a tip, make it threw the turn without crashing
Easier said than done.
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

inanecathode

Heres another tip! Don't shred dirt roads.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coil Coyle