30 Year Anniversary

Started by Re-Vision, August 27, 2011, 02:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

P-Rex's 83 is getting around! lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

I got his 2 83s and his 82.  That makes 6 Visions in the collection now. I know I can make one good 83 out of the parts and can get Tractor up & running again.  There's probably another 82 hiding somewhere in all that stuff, too.  Plus, lots of extra parts.  Three full fairings (complete), a Shark fairing, two good 83 tanks, a great 83 exhaust system, even a Supertrapp system!  I plan to keep one 83 and my original 82 - after swapping out some parts.  That means Tractor and most of an 83 will be available by early spring at the latest.

Enough to keep me out of trouble this winter!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

spectre

I'd love to do a meet up for the 30th anniversary. (And if Lucky's going, I'm not staying here with MY vision   ;D ) My V, I'm sure, will be ready by then
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

Lucky

That's where we got your bike you know...

Lucky

Oh crap! which one do I bring??!!  Tourer obvously for the long ride, but Cafe is more fun?  They both deserve to go...

might have to rent a uhaul that can hold 2 bikes and switch off truck duty.... 

'course then there would be room for the microwave, PC & printer, flatscreen & minifridge.  boy i hate roughing it!!  8) 8)

Kenny

I'm throwing my vote in for the Barbers Motorsport site in Alabama! Now to work on the days off. ;)
                    Cheers Ken S. :D
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

fret not

Does anyone know what the dates are for 2012?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

QBS

Kiwi

Any updates on this one?  I now have a  way to trailer my bike and would be able to attend depending on location
US 82 XZ550 with the flapper Airbox

fret not

Barber Vintage Festival is Oct. 12 - 14 this year.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Rick G

I doubt I can make it , but Id like to . I'm busting my butt to get our home paid off ($2500, to go )  This summer. Then I can budjet for stuff like that. Of course I will need to get someone to stay with my wife, while I gone.
I built a Tear drop trailer , last spring , so I  can pull the shell off  of the pick up and load at least one bike in there.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Protonus

NY feels far away from OR lol. Not sure i could trust the ole girl to go that far yet...  We should all our locations on a Google map. Actually i bet i could just dump the forum location data or to one. I gotta get in contact with the admin here anyways.

1982 with full '83 fairings

QBS

Proton.  Barbers is in Leeds Alabama.  That's about 12 miles east of Birmingham.

Rick G

I like the regional idea, I'd love to ride with the ONrov, but  realistically , I might make it to CA. Or maybe CO.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

QBS

As best as I can tell, camping site reservations will start being taken in early July.  My research indicates that the best place for us is in section "upper D".  The sites there measure 40' X 20' and come with zero amenities, which is the same for all camping at Barber as best as I can tell.  Considering the size of the sites, I don't think each tenting attendee would need their own dedicated site.  Probably two (maybe three?) tent camps would fit on one "upper D" site.  However, due to the deployed size of my Time Out tent trailer, I will probably need a dedicated site.

Getting information on camping at Barber is not at all easy.  It takes some real telephonic sluething. I'll get and pass along more details as we get closer to the early July reservation date.  The wife and I are still committed to attendance.

AdvRich

Bump... interested to hear more thoughts/suggestions on this.
One big meet and ride location...?
Regional GTG's ?
Date(s)?

QBS

No more news to report at this time.  I plan on contacting my inside sources late in June for any and all new details, and will pass them on immediately.  Things will become much more active after that.

artbone

Barber's is still on as far as I'm concerned. I've put a deposit on an RV site. I haven't got the banner together for it or rented an RV yet because I've been traveling but I think I'll try to get the RV rented this week. I'll look at a track map and let everyone know where the site is located.

I'm riding from San Fran. to Vancouver, then across Canada to Vermont, leaving June 19 or 20. If anyone along the route would like to hook up and drink a few adult beverages just let me know.

Art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

vadasz1

Art, if and when you get close to Toronto let us know.  I am sure the OnRoV gang would like to meet up and do a few rides if possible.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

artbone

Matter of fact, I'm planning to visit a guy I met last month on a motorcycle tour in Croatia who lives in Toronto. He's got a really nice old Triumph 650. I'm on my way to the Norton club's rally in Brandon VT. July 17-20. Send my your contact info and let's stay in touch.

I'm riding my "new' 83 Suzuki GS 1100E (which I will not have seen until I get to San Fran. next week) so I don't really know how reliable it will be. That's the reason I'm giving myself a month for the trip and not making any firm plans.

I'm going to be posting stuff about Barber's on the other thread so keep up with that.

Art
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650