News:

Main Menu

+2" gustafsson windscreen?

Started by d0n, October 27, 2006, 04:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0n

Does anyone have one of these slightly taller windscreens on their 83 vision? Do you like it?

I think the stock screen height/design is terrible. It directs the air flow right into my neck, chin and faceshield.

I want the air to go over my helmet not into it.

Kenny

I have one on my Yellow 83 & Dorothy has one of Humbers on her 83 both of them change the airflow around your head.A small amount of buffeting is still present but your helmet doesn't get bobbled around by the airflow.
    I am interested in selling the one off the yellow 83 as it is "Red" and try as I might I can't get use to the colour.
                 Ride Safe   Ken  S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

haunter

I got one, it pushes it more into my face than my neck now........might wanna go a bit taller.....

its not bad tho cuz it hits your face and goes up over your helmet
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Kevin

Kenny. your white vision is my favorite. very eye catching. 

d0n

are there any higher windscreen for the 83?

How much do you want for the red screen?

Kenny

Hi,
   Kevin Thanks for the compliment but the red/white machine is my Dorothy's although I did manage to pry it away from her this past summer for a 10thou ride out west.(She had to work!) It ran like a top with only a broken throttle cable as a snag,managed to get the tip of my leatherman into the into the linkage and rode it another 150 miles for a repair.
   dOn  I am interested in $70.00 us + shipping for the shield, its like new. let me know.
                  Cheers Kenny   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92