I had my doubts...I was wrong

Started by nvdranger, May 31, 2004, 04:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvdranger

Very wrong about the power.  Got out for my first long ride this afternoon.  first thing: the crank case doesn't leak and second the gas was draining from the overflow but it seems as if the float valve seated itself and its no longer dripping gas.
Through all gears it pulled a lot harder than I imagined it would.  Got only fifty miles on her but it was a fun fifty.  Gotta get it licensed now and the only other thing is to paint the tank.  I was smiling ear to ear the entire time.  The work and frustration has definetly been worth it.

Thank you to everyone for all the help.  

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

h2olawyer

8)  WOO - HOO  ;D

The performance of these bikes will surprise the uninformed and uninitiated!

Glad you've got her on the road again.  The trials and tribulations should be worth the effort.

H2o
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

We are as glad as you are that you stuck with it!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

nvdranger

Thanks and I'm glad that I stuck with it.  I was gettin pretty frustrated with the little things going wrong.  The only thing I need to do (besides the tank) is the carb synch.  I was so excited I didn't think to do it today.  Is not a hugh deal b/c there is an ever so slight stumble taking off, but a little extra throttle and no problems.  Thanks again for all the help guys.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.