What Makes the Ideal Vision?

Started by Re-Vision, March 19, 2012, 11:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George R. Young

Manufacturer support. I think it's a travesty that a great bike with a few flaws (stator, starter seal. etc.) was never updated and evolved by Yamaha. Shame!

QBS

munkyfistfight

"Manufacturer Support"  ;D

For some reason this made me wonder if there's an old padlocked storage closet in some old Yamaha factory that is full of manuals, schematics, blueprints, and OEM parts, in some top secret R&D wing where the janitor is the only guy with the key....

I have an overactive imagination.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

fret not

Probably all the old factory stuff was recycled before they quit selling the bikes.  Poor sales and expensive to make designs that got cheapened  (tank, electrics, suspension, etc.) made a bad taste in the corporate mouth when the current sales interest was cruisers.  Maybe they will have reason to rethink in the future.  Meanwhile we will keep a fire burning for the XZ.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

artbone

The Ideal Vision is the one you have running.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Rikugun

Well said artbone  ;) Anything more is icing on the cake....
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

artbone

Rikugun, did you post a picture of a black Vision with dual headlights? I thought I saw it today and now I can't find it. I want to look at the seat. If you posted it, would you post again and perhaps a shot of the seat or a side view? I want to do something similar on my IOM bike.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

Rikugun

Nope, not mine but here's a black one with 2 headlights and a custom saddle compliments of member Treedragon:

http://www.xz550.de/tp3/fileadmin/xz-galerie/012.jpg
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

artbone

Rikugun, please disregard my previous post unless you have some other pictures of this bike. I was looking for the picture and didn't realize you had posted a link. I really like the seat.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

artbone

I just looked at the http://www.xz550.de/ link. Those German guys have done a lot of stuff with the Vision. There's a lot to think about in their gallery.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

supervision

Too bad I don't understand German, seen the pics thou. 
" border="0

AdvRich

Google translate does a pretty good job converting the text to English.

munkyfistfight

Dang. Those Germans have some pretty slick Visions. I love the modifications.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

QBS

Google translates says it couldn't find the desired server for english translation.  How frustrating.

Rikugun

If you use IE and have a newer version, right click on a blank part of the page and choose "translate with Bing"

QBS

Thank you for the advice.  Got some really bizarre translations.