News:

Main Menu

Virus, spyware and trojans

Started by jasonm., January 12, 2009, 06:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

One of the latest spyware/trojans. POPS up on your computer , "keep your 2009 Microsoft antivirus up to date. Get a free scan and protect your computer".  If this does pop up...  DO NOT HIT CANCEL. Attempt to close the window normally Or just shut your computer off. Then after turning it back on... If you get any pop ups similar to the original...You are already infected by a trojan that takes control by slowing your computer down and asks for $$ to get it going again properly.  This is something out of the wonderful "Eastern Block".  You can try  superantispyware.com  to get this out of your PC. Use the Free edition. It has worked for many.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Rick G

My Yahoo spam catcher , caught it  and it looked fishy to me so I deleted it . I've had no problems !
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

vadasz1

When a suspicious screen pops up ALWAYS use the 'X' button to close the window or if you can cles the process in Windows Task Manager ( do the 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete' button combo to get it up on the screen).
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.