News:

Main Menu

Overheating

Started by Agonoize, July 14, 2010, 01:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartless

i may be wrong ( most likely ) but before i bought my xz i found that according to a.lot of reviews talked about thw temp sensor going bad. and thats what happened to mine. i just put an inline switch to solve that problem. ...but like i said. im wrong a lot haha. let us know what it is when you figure it out
Ride Hartless or stay home

"strive for perfection , settle for excellence"

YellowJacket!

Theres a couple reasons that distilled or soft water is recommended over tap water.  First, in most areas (particularly TN - I go through water heaters about every 10 years) there is a lot of calcium deposits in tap water.  Crud on your shower head?  You have calcium in your water.  That same calcium builds up inside your cooling system, eventually clogging it up and causing damage.
The other reason is that particulate matter in water lowers its boiling point.  Since the goal of the coolant is to raise the boiling point, yuo want to make sure you take every step to squeeze every degree out of the water that you can.
My grandmother used to add salt to her pasta pots which  I thought was for flavoring.  It was to lower the boiling point of the water.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Agonoize

Didn't notice the thread got more replies after my last comment.  I appreciate the advice you guys give and it helps.  When my friend gets back from his family camping trip I will be able to get back into the garage that my bike is in, then start working on it again.  The reason its there is he has all the tools for this stuff, and I live in an apartment.  I will let you know what it was when I figure it out, thanks again.