Washington ROV Ride/get together anyone???

Started by packman85, April 06, 2008, 05:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packman85

Hey Tben, I live in Marysville, so Im only a hop skip and jump away from arlington/granite falls area.  We should go ride sometime or if you need help on your bike give me a shout.  Im pretty handy with a wrench.
"Real men don't need full fairings, go naked or go home!!"

pullshocks

gph

I'm in. I have been thinking of a trip around Mt. Rainer would be great. Later in the month the better. In the meantime, the VME should be starting the monthly gathering at Planet Georgetown fairly soon; we could beerstorm the plan then. A line up of Vs would be great.

packman85

So far these are all the people that have expressed interest in the WA/ROV ride:
Packman
Squirrels
pullshocks
gph
skipa82
coil
tben
oldbikefool
fiat-doctor
russellsea

Now the question is do we want this to be a one day affair, meet up in the AM Ride all day and disperse, or an over night thing or a couple night thing (Friday, Sat).  I believe there is camping At Mount rainer if we cant procure the cabin.  let me know what the general consensus is by being part of the general consensus.  And if your name isnt on the list but you would like to try and come, just pipe up.

packman85

So, I talked to squirrels today and he said the cabin is unavailable but if any of you WAROVers work for boeing the own a cabin up there that you can stay in for ~15$ a night, other wise there is camping around Ranier Either way this trip should be conducive to people just wanting to meet up and rise for a day and for those of us "Hardcore" guys that want to go out for a few days.

~Pax

fiat-doctor

My first choice would be meet in the am, ride all day, go home :)   Easier to organise, less details.... 
Steve

skipa82

Is there anyone in the Puyallup, Orting, area that could give me a hand with this machine, I have the carbs mostly apart and a rebuild kit on order that should be here in the next few days. I want to dip them and get them back on the Bike. I also have a new Stator in hand, Just not enough Motorcycle knowledge to be comfortable doing it on my own.
With that said I am looking forward to meeting and riding with you all as often as possible. I also agree that we should start with day rides and work our way into overnighters. But I am in for whatever we decide as a whole.
"What would life be without monsters and Visions" Lilly Munster 1970's tv show.

Rick G

Your 20 years too late for me to be in Puyallup, sorry.  You will need two kits,  a kit does one carb. Hope some one is around to help you out.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

gph

PM me. I can help with the stator and carbs.

tben

Lets bump this thread over to "Goin Ridin..." with all the other rov rallies. 8)
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-Joseph Addison

packman85

Agreed