Virago bags

Started by inanecathode, April 09, 2008, 12:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Do you guys think a full hardbag set for a virago would fit a vision?
Kinda the same bike as far as rear end is concerned i think it would work...
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

inanecathode

Turns out it does work, pictures soon :D

Lester56

pictures man, pictures!
1982 Vision - heavily modified
1984 Honda VF700S Sabre
2002 Honda Interceptor
2006 Triumph Sprint ST ABS

kwells

i snapped some phone pics of his new bags while it sat in the garage

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

WoW!!  Looks like a perfect fit.  ;D  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

nice work on the bags.....

guess the trunk don't fit with the tail light right side up?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kwells

yeh think the taillight was a bit of contention....
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Quote from: kwells on April 15, 2008, 08:05:14 PM
yeh think the taillight was a bit of contention....

Yeah, its upside down!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Yup, i needed a tailight and it wouldnt fit right side up so i flipped it upside down :)
Whole kit looks and fits pretty good i think :)
Only problem so far is the bags unloaded the front tire a bit so my already bad hands-off head shake is much much worse. I do believe a head bearing tightening is in order.

Rick G

Inane , this is an old topic (head shake) , from 6 years ago . All Visions will shake there head if you let go of the bars , some more than others. I think is because of the trailing Axel forks , but I can't prove it , having never ridden  one equipped with standard forks.
It looks like your well equipped for a trans continental trip!! ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Rick G on April 15, 2008, 11:23:06 PM
All Visions will shake there head if you let go of the bars , some more than others.

Mine won't.  Even at 60 mph.  I tried it.

Brian

Rick G

You have an ,83 with the fairing ?  Mine doesn't shake nearly so much with the fairing on.  But I gave up long ago trying to ride no hands. ;D ;D ;D
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

It shouldnt shake, ever really. Thats not the problem, i dont mind a bit of shake, i do mind it going absolutely bat shit within a few seconds of light handlebar grip pressure :o

Rick G

I seem to remember a discussion on this in 2002 or 3  and most reported it.  In 3 or 4 oscillations mine would go  from a quiver to tank slapper. If  I keep  just 1 finger on it its fine , but no hands for half a second and it will beat you to death.  Mine has tapered rollers and the swing arm is OK  as are all the wheel bearings . It has never exhibited any handling problems  of any kind , when my hands are on the bars
Its kind of like when you tell the doctor " it hurts when I do this  and he says don't do that!"
Rick G

inanecathode

Well, like i said i wouldnt mind if it didnt go so pear shaped so quickly.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Rick G on April 16, 2008, 12:08:23 AM
You have an ,83 with the fairing ?

Yup, I have ridden it down the freeway not holding on to the bars for over 10 seconds.  I was really close to the bars, but not actually touching them.  It was a really quiet freeway, by the way  ;D

I don't normally do that, I usually ride with a fairly light pressure on the bars.  I don't have a lot of weight on.  My saddle is actually lower than normal to allow me to not have a lot of weight on my hands.  Maybe it's also because my bike has never been in an accident, along with the tapered bearings, and the fork brace...  Who knows.

Brian

P.S.  Nice saddle bags!

Rick G

When the subject was raised several years ago , I tried mine , just as you did, with my hands hovering above the bars . The difference in my experience  was , it was going  to beat me to death , right before it spit me off.  Lots of others reported the same thing .

How about it, has anyone else succeeded in riding their vision no hands!!
Rick G

Brian Moffet

I also have a throttle lock, so there was no deceleration going on at all.  I had it locked at 60 mph.  That might make a big difference in the front end geometry as well.

Brian

inanecathode

I can ride my green vision with no hands up to about 75mph  :D

Rick G

I think it does , because  mine always does it on deceleration. The problem  amy have occured on my first vision , I don't remember. I'll have to try it again and see. 
Rick G