COROV track day?

Started by h2olawyer, May 20, 2009, 03:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Wondering if anyone in the Northern Front Range of Colorado (Denver to Ft. Collins) would be interested in getting together for a track day sometime the last week of May or first week of June.  If we need to make it a weekend, I'll contact the track to make sure they aren't hosting any kart or supermoto races and we can decide on a date / time.

This is primarily a kart track, so it isn't terribly long and some of the corners are real tight.  However, this will improve your riding skills.   :)

Last year the cost for a full day was $35.  Haven't been out there yet this year, but I doubt prices are up very much.  Not much in the way of amenities - I recommend bringing your own food & water.  There are convenient porta-potties.  I normally go on weekdays & the track is usually wide open - just the small group I meet there.  If karters show up, they do separate them and allow bikes for 20 minutes, then karts the next 20.  I know I can't do 20 straight minutes on that track without a break!

Lemme know if there is any interest & I can get the ball rolling.  Doesn't have to be in the time frame I suggested but it does tend to get real warm out there in the afternoons & the minimal shade available may be used by others who get there early.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

akvision

RHPAW! No you can't test the AKVISION on that day... May be they will let you join with your XB9.
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

funkamongus

hahahaha!!! Funny stuff AK, anyone taking bets on this one?? I got a nickle that says Paw will be out there without pa knowing!!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

kwells

I need to get Blackie titled and registered for this one.  Last time I brought the Sprint but I'd like to try this track with a Vision.

Should be able to get the paperwork worked out this week but the weather looks pretty wet too.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

We may not see the sun until July at this rate!  Don't think there's any hurry on your paperwork.   >:(

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

akvision

rhpaw, so, test the new tires. :D
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

inanecathode

i might like to take the RD instead of mister vision, i think that'd be fun.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

that little bike would do well on that track

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

I would love to do a track day , but the cost of the required gear , isn't in the cards.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

The track @ IMI Motorsports is a Kart track.  The management is really lax about safety grear.  Any armored jacket, helmet, boots & gloves.  I've seen jeans on the track!  We're lucky to have such a facility relatively close & it only costs $35 for a full day!

H2O

Rick G

Now  all I have to do is find a way to  get time in Colorado.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

so...Blackie...still not titled but could actually just get a uhaul trailer for the day to get her down there...Seems like sun is out an about now.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Well, weather looks iffy for the next few days.  Cool & rainy with strong thunderstorms through at least Wednesday.  Tuesday highs are supposed to be in the mid 70s!  We'll keep an eye on it & see what develops.  I'd enjoy an afternoon @ the track again!

H2O

rhpaw

man!!! I saw this WAY late

name the time and date. I'm in.
03 buell xb9r - angry tractor

kwells

looks like weather is not looking good this week.  Friday maybe...but prob need to spend this week going over the bike to make sure it can hold up to some flogging.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Anyone who can get to the track is most welcome!  It's a blast.  Bring LOTS of water - it sits out under the blazing sun.  There is a small pavillion that may or may not be in use - first come, first served.

This week does not look too promising.  I was on the IMI website & they still charge $35 a day ($500 a year) for an asphalt track pass.  Looks like they are about to build another asphalt track and have links so it can be one large track as well.

Link to a good photo of the track - top photo & proposed track - bottom photo.  Middle photo is the kart track in Grand Junction.
http://coloradokartracing.com/index.php?page=colorado-sprint-championship-series

And a link to the track
http://www.imimotorsports.com/

H2O

kwells

that new track combined with the old one would be some serious turning.  Im trying to figure out what would be the best way to road test my unregistered bke without getting into trouble with the cash strapped city just waiting to write me tickets.  The Macs are pretty loud so they do attract attention if I got on the gas.

www.wellsmoto.com