Milton swap meet...

Started by Tiger, October 05, 2008, 06:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) There is a swap meet TODAY Sunday, 5th October...

Oct-05  Richard Purdon Memorial Swap Meet.

Run by Golden Horseshoe Section of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group

General Admission $5 per person

...if anyone is interested, let me know. I will be leaving my place at 9.15 a.m. or we could meet up in Milton at Tim Horton's, East side of Hwy #25 just North of Hwy #401, for 10.00am 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) I met up with Fiddlesticks and Dave Milligan, a non-Vision rider who has been to the spring & fall OnROV rides, for a mosey around the Country Heritage Park, where the swap meet was being held.

As with all these vintage club swap meets, there was a large and varied display of all sorts and everything for the restoration expert(s) and/or regular Joe(s) to take home. There where complete and parts bikes looking for new owners...piles of British, Jap, Italian, European, with the odd Harley, spares laid bare for everyone to brouse over...However, NO Visions or Vision spare bikes/parts to be had ::) :D :D :D... ;)

I was really tempted to buy a 1964 Norton Jubilee 250 twin or a wee '64 Ducatti 200 single...$2,000.00 and $1,500.00 respectively!!! However, with #9 on her way to my garage, money being a wee bit tight and the threat of castration from the wee wife if I did buy anything else looming, I decided to leave well alone ;)

However, I did pick up a couple of bits 'n pieces that may fit future Vision restore/rebuilds...but don't let the wee wifey know, eh :o :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

fiddlesticks

hehe Your secret is safe with us buddy.  ;) I was happy with my couple of finds too. Do u know how much I kicked myself in the ass for not buying that heated vest though. When I got back from the meet my truck decided to pack it in for good  >:( :'( and it has been plenty cold the last couple mornings riding the bike to work.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

Quote from: fiddlesticks on October 08, 2008, 10:22:24 PM
... Do u know how much I kicked myself in the ass for not buying that heated vest though. When I got back from the meet my truck decided to pack it in for good  >:( :'( and it has been plenty cold the last couple mornings riding the bike to work. 

:) You have the guys card, ask Mike for an early Christmas present ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8)........TIGER....... 8)