News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New to Vision

Started by xdaboatmanx, April 15, 2007, 02:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdaboatmanx

New to here, so hello out there.  I just got an'82 with carbs off.  garage kept for three years.  He laid it down and cant get back on.. sad to say.. I am looking to restore it. It's the gray model, plain, with all but a head lamp. My ? is- Lucky the best to goto for instructions. I don't know squat, but you all seem to be a good family to learn from..   thanks   Boat

h2olawyer

Hi boat & welcome.

Lucky is the go-to expert around here, but there are a bunch of people here who know what they're talking about as well.  Whenever you have a question, just post it & you should start receiving answers pretty quick.  I'm sure someone here haas a headlight for your bike.  Post a request in the swap shop.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

louthepou

Hi there, welcome indeed!

You've found the right place for info. Think about it - you go to a kid behind the counter at a Yamaha dealership, and when you say you have a Yamaha Vision, the kid goes "what?"

Lucky has some very good litterature in PDF format, that's kind of essential if you're going to put a Vision back on the road. Many folks here at the Forum know every nut, bolt and wire of the bike, so there are in my opinion very few questions about that bike that could be answered better somewhere else.

Parts are a-plenty - for the most part. (wink wink, nudge nudge, even if not in swap shop section - I have a few headlamps  ;) )

Cheers!

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lucky

Boat, trust me when i say you'll never find a better group of people willing to help out someone they've (mostly) only met in pixels.. ask away!
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black