News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Carb Gaskets

Started by mjlogan, March 18, 2008, 02:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjlogan

Doing a little carb cleaning to try and get rid of a stumble and idle problem.  Pulled the carbs off, took them apart, and soaked them in chem-dip.  Went to the dealer to order up a gasket kit and it is discontinued.

Is there no source at all for these any more?  Any recommendations on sticking the carbs back together?  I tried to save the old gaskets as best I could, but i'd hate to go through all this work and have them not seal up.

Coil Coyle

kwells

i believe the 82 kits still only contain gaskets for 1 carb
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

MjLogan, if you can't get the from any other source , I have patterns for all the Visions gaskets and can make you a set. If you need them, PM me.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

mjlogan

Quote from: Rick G on March 19, 2008, 02:06:37 AM
MjLogan, if you can't get the from any other source , I have patterns for all the Visions gaskets and can make you a set. If you need them, PM me.

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I'll let you know if it comes down to that.

I blindly ordered this kit last week
http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/CARBURETOR_REPAIR_KIT_YAMAHA__P8918C697.cfm 

thinking a "carburetor rebuild kit" would have at least the gaskets.  All I got was an accelerator pump diaphram (which i needed) and some other various hardware.

I'll check into the link coil posted up

Brian Moffet

They're pretty good (the sirius kits).  I rebuilt both of my carbs with those.

Brian

mjlogan

Well, finally got the carbs rebuilt and the bike is on the road.  Runs better than ever.  Ordered the kits from sirius- came to about $100 for both, but it runs awesome and i'll save that $100 in no time now that i'm not driving my V8 truck around.  Appreciate everyone's advice- thanks!

Tiger

8) Great news.......ENJOY 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
??? Were are you located...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian Moffet

Quote from: mjlogan on June 27, 2008, 01:07:04 PM
i'll save that $100 in no time now that i'm not driving my V8 truck around.

That savings should take about a week I would guess :)

mjlogan

I'm in southern CA- Upland to be specific.

h2olawyer

When you think about it, even if gas was $0.50 a gallon, spending $100 to get the Vision carbs running right is cheap!  It's not about the $$ spent on gas, but rather the fun you have riding the V!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.