News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

XZ550 Engine Dissasembly video

Started by Kid Jedi, September 16, 2009, 08:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Jedi

Got the motor today. was shipped Very badly, complained over flea-bay but dont really care, it will work for my project. will be doing the tear down tomorrow, vid up probably by Sunday Now to clean the shop and Build a cool stand for the motor....

Here goes nothing....
Loves to over think things.

Extent

Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

sunburnedaz

1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

Kid Jedi

alread apart, video has been shot, finished editing yesterday, just need to figure out a way of uploading it

Extent

Export it at 720p or better and upload it to Youtube.  It's not the best solution out there but I've found it to be one of the easiest.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Kid Jedi

all of my photos are 2 megs a piece and I dont want to cut em down, the video looks really muddy anywhere below 1/4 rez

Kid Jedi

Bump. Still going on it, just gonna post it on my shops website, We are working on it this week, I will meet with the programmer some time soon to set up a nice hi res little movie thingie.

Re-Vision

Kid Jedi

Having a schism with the Co-owner who thinks I am his employee slave thingie.

Can anyone recommend a photo editing software that will allow me to do stop motion?

I will have a copy that lucky can put on the DVD soon....

funkamongus

Quote from: Kid Jedi on October 18, 2009, 01:25:06 PM

Can anyone recommend a photo editing software that will allow me to do stop motion?

ah yes,, sounds like when I was married. On all counts.
I own:

lexx790

Quote from: Kid Jedi on October 18, 2009, 01:25:06 PM

Paint shop pro used to come with a frame by frame editing programme and there was a stop motion feature in a creative web cam programme which was free to download ( sorry no link).

Kid Jedi

that must have been a whole mess-o-fun huh funk?

funkamongus

Well,, its like they say,, better to have loved and lost, than live with that biyatch the rest of my natural life.
I own:

seabee

***1982 Yamaha XZ 550 Vision***

funkamongus

hee hee hee hee hee....JK. So, where is this video??
I own:

Kojo

I'd be no student worth my salt if I didn't toss in a few suggestions.

You can import frames in a batch to most any video editing software (like final cut pro), compile them there, and adjust your frame rate to around 30fps. 720p might be a bit overkill, especially for the internet. I'd say 480p is more than enough for youtube right now.

If you're using Final Cut Pro and want a decent sized file, you will want to export using quicktime conversion and then select H2 for 480p or Apple ProRes 422 for 720p.

I might be able to help out a bit more than this barely informative post, but right now I'm a little sleepy.
Younger, but just as smart. Really.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Kojo on October 22, 2009, 03:04:51 AM
You can import frames in a batch to most any video editing software (like final cut pro), compile them there, and adjust your frame rate to around 30fps.

I believe you have to adjust the properties on the project (sequence? I'm going from memory here) to specify how many frames you want the individual images to be in the final movie, if you are doing stop motion.  The default is 1 second, or 30 frames (29.94 actually for NTSC). Oh yeah, if you have a Mac, iphoto actually does a fairly good job of slide presentation.

When you export for the intertubes, I would try to export as either H.264, or preferably as a flash video.  They both provide fairly good quality for the web.

If you would like help, I have a full non-linear editing system here at home (Adobe CS3 based).  We'd have to work out the flow, but I can chip in some time.

Brian (used to give seminars on this stuff to the Film Department students at UC Santa Cruz a couple of years back)

Extent

You can adjust the project properties for still images if you're going to dump the individual frames all on a timeline for assembly, I /think/ that's the way you do it in final cut, or at least used to.  Many NLAs will allow you to load an entire image sequence as a video clip so you could use the playback speed or time stretch to get the speed you want.

I only recommend 720 or better because you need that at least for Youtube to encode an HD version of your upload, I use it for screen recordings of my video game stuff and it's well worth the extra resolution.  1600x900 scaled down to 720 and once it gets transcoded into HD on their side screen text is still very readable, you can't get that with lower resolution.

I always use H264 for distro, two-pass, 1100 kbps or so, but gimped to baseline profile so macs can still read it.  If you're compressing with Quicktime you don't get any options so I'd stick the slider just above medium and hope for the best.