News:

Main Menu

Would this fit?

Started by williamruck, March 23, 2008, 05:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williamruck

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/615672016.html

It is the fairing from an 82 Virago, do you think it would fit on my 82 Vision?

Night Vision

a fairing that large would need a substantial mounting system. modifying that mounting system to the XZ would require some skills. 
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

williamruck

Quote from: Night Vision on March 23, 2008, 06:24:18 PM
a fairing that large would need a substantial mounting system. modifying that mounting system to the XZ would require some skills. 

OK I am going to take that as a "no". Thanks.

Kevin

I think it would look good on a V. I'm sure it could be adapted.

Rick G

NV, I could build  a mount very similar to the one on the '83 fairing , that would have no trouble supporting that fairing . The proof of fit would be to slide it into place on a vision, to see how it fit. I suspect it would work out OK. ;)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Night Vision

Quote from: Rick G on March 24, 2008, 12:55:31 AM
NV, I could build  a mount very similar to the one on the '83 fairing , that would have no trouble supporting that fairing . The proof of fit would be to slide it into place on a vision, to see how it fit. I suspect it would work out OK. ;)

no doubt. but I think he was looking for a bolt on.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Kenny

:) That fairing would look great on a Vision, but as they don't make a mount to attach it to the vision, A small welder & tube bender would be needed to fabricate one.
    The Hannigan  SS Fairing I had on the Green 82 in the Gallery took a lot of work as Hannigan did not make a mount for the Vision.
  At the time my shop consisted of a 8x8 garden shed with a one foot extension at the base. I designed my own mount from old bicycle frames only to have it fail while hitting a famous  British Columbia  frost heave!
     I finally purchased amount kit used to mount a Vetter fairing onto the Vision and adapted the Hannigan to it, it took a lot of work but in the end was the best set up I've used for distances.
             Anythings possible if you have the time & money. ;D
                         Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

Quote from: Kenny on March 24, 2008, 10:20:36 PM
 Anythings possible if you have the time & money. ;D
                         Cheers Ken S.

Hahahahahaha...isn't that true ;)

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

williamruck

lol, I like the philosophy but I think I might just go "fairing-less" for now.