News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

New paint job

Started by munkyfistfight, March 27, 2012, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkyfistfight

I thought I'd share the new paint with you guys.

Sorry AKVision, I decided to get rid of the blues.  :laugh:
TECustoms.com from Pittsburgh PA did the paint for me. He's going to do the frame for me later this year. I couldn't be happier.
Thanks to Tiger I have new battery cables, and plug wires. I just hope no gremlins found there way in over the winter....
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

QBS

Looks great.  Consider the radiator cover and forks in gloss black

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

pullshocks

That looks like some NICE paint work.  Can't wait to see photos taken with better lighting.

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rikugun

Looks very nice  :) I'm sure AKVision will understand. It's your bike now and you get to put your personal stamp on her style wise.

BTW, I love what you've done with the work space. Especially like how you turned the weight bench into a comfortable nook to enjoy some good literature and a cold beer.  ;D  :P
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

munkyfistfight

:laugh:^^^

Unfortunately, the workspace is in my Grandma's garage. I liken it to the "Island of Misfit Toys", where things go to be forgotten. I left out the picture from the front where you can see about 10 bags of garbage that never made it up to the curb last week....

Ugh, I hate to leave her there. Almost done.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

AdvRich

Thumbs up, looks great! So nice to see great paint work on older bikes.

spectre

Looks amazing!!
This is exactly how I have been wanting to paint mine, but with a silver stripe. I would kill to have paint that nice :) good job
1982 yamaha vision xz550- a work in progress

artbone

That really looks great! Makes me ashamed of both of mine. This gives me some inspiration to get busy.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

munkyfistfight

Thanks guys! I read somewhere that a racing stripe is guaranteed to make a bike go faster, so I went with that  :D

I'll share more pics as it progresses. I just recieved a ton of fresh new parts from Tiger, but I'll only be home on the weekends for the next few months. So putting this thing back together is going to be like building a ship in a bottle. One piece at a time lol

Rikugun

QuoteI read somewhere that a racing stripe is guaranteed to make a bike go faster, so I went with that

Flames too but they're currently not in vogue  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

akvision

Glad to see the bike getting great love and care.   

BLU, was just an aside.

akvision
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska