Brush plate assy...

Started by Dave T., April 01, 2003, 06:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T.

Anyone out there have one for a Vision starter?

Mine just fried (thing is having starting issues). One in good condition would be great. I also need the 2 starter gaskets (in good cond). The large (2" dia or so) o-rings.

Thanks in advance...  

I have V stuff to trade if you want, mostly stock stuff. Lemme know...

;D
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Lucky

The brush plate is still ava from Yamaha, sorry, I don't know the part #, Jason might. they are around $50. ?The other alternative is to find a shop that rebuilds starters and match up the brushes. Yamaha doesn't sell just the brushes :(
I have a used one that needs brushes and is slightlybent at the alignment tab if you want it, $10 plus shipping
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

The part # is 11H-818400-00-00.. DT have you phone Guzzi John? He may still have that parts engine, I don't remember if it had a starter or not.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Dave T.

Thanks anyways guys. I ordered it from my local dealer this morning. $41.82 just like bike bandit.

As far as those o-rings, DO NOT GET THEM!!! THEY WANT $16.75 EACH for those BASTARDS!!! :o >:(  >:(

Needless to say I will have to cut them and superglue them together or just use a smaller o-ring (standard).

I feel better now...
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

Lucky

The reason those o-rings are so expensive is that they are square cut.  regular o-rings will roll out.  they can be made to stay, but it's a pain.  
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black