News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Has anyone tried anything like this?

Started by Burt_066, August 19, 2011, 11:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt_066

I took my bike to work last Friday. On the way home I got stuck in traffic and it was hot (over 90 degrees) The temp gauge on my Vision was just shy of the red for most of the time I was sitting. I found this on the internet last night and I was wondering if anyone has used an aftermarket fan control switch like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Hayden-Automotive-3647-Adjustable-Thermostatic/dp/B000C3BB6M/ref=pd_sbs_auto_5

Bobby...

QBS

As long as the needle didn't TOUCH the red zone, your cooling system was operating as it should.  If the needle should ever touch the red zone you have a problem and should turn off the engine immediately and determine the cause of the problem.  In traffic, a non operational fan will allow the needle to touch the red zone, even if the cooling system is in all other ways in good shape.  FYI, the fan fuse is hidden in the wiring rats nest within the headlight bucket, where you would never think to look for it.  Isn't that special!

Burt_066

I don't know if it actally touched the red or not, it was very close. I could hear the fan going on and off but I could also smell anti-freeze. However, the bike runs very good when it's hot. Bobby...   

QBS

Fan cycling is as it should be.  Don't get too worried about the coolent smell.  Sounds like your V is doing very well.