Question about the ports on the top of carbs

Started by arthurdent510, July 13, 2009, 10:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthurdent510

Hopefully the picture shows up....  

I've circled a small port on the top of my carbs.  I'm asking about this because on one (I believe the one pictured on the right) has that port plugged, while the one on the left is open.  Is that intentional?  It looks like it is a air feed for the high speed circuit of some sort?  Or could that be part of the issues I'm having with my high speed circuit?

YellowJacket!

From the looks of the picture, both seem to be plugged with a brass ball.  I just took some pictures of my carbs last week and I think mine are too.

ooops... looks like the rear one on my carb isn't plugged.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

Arthur,
On closer inspection of your picture, it looks to be the same as mine.  We both have the "modified" 82 carbs and I think plugging that port has something to do with the extra vacuum hose and "breather" that the front carb has.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

the front should be plugged, this is part of the mid 82 mod.  that air bleed now draws air from the small disk filter that is missing in Daves pic, instead of from the 'pressurized' air from the air box

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

arthurdent510

akvision

What a resource, and it can be found on the Lucky Site DVD. 

We bought this DVD right out of the box when we got the AKV from Steele's Salvage.  It has answered 99% of the question right down to which way the diode goes...you know there are two of them, that I know about.

This is a must have for every serious "V" owner and the info sells for Cheeeeep.

Don't forget to look at the thread...."Save Lucky's V"

1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

funkamongus

yes,, yes,, and ahh,,, what he said!! yes...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!