AZ Spring Ride 2009

Started by inanecathode, March 02, 2009, 09:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

I'd like to start a thread with general speculation and planning about the AZROV spring ride of 09.
Time wise, how about mid to end may?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Night Vision

Hey Rick, are you going to ask Tiger to send a mug shot so he can enjoy one of your adventures?  :D :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

NV, what a plan!! :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'll ask!
Inane , you beat me too it ! I've been working these old bones pretty hard this last week and I'm too tired to go get the calender.  'Scuse me , I'll be right back. OK, May 16/17 would be GREAT! The 16th is my b'day.  We could have it on the 23/24 , but, I would be a year older then!
I'm voting for the 16/17th.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on March 02, 2009, 10:33:01 PM
Hey Rick, are you going to ask Tiger to send a mug shot so he can enjoy one of your adventures?  :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D It's the only way that I would be able to attend your AzROV ride weekend... 8) BTW, the 2009 OnROV Spring Ride is on the 16th/17th May 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kwells

I'm trying to figure out how I'd do the trip with only taking one day off.  It looks like it's a 12 hr drive.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

16/17 looks good to me. Me and my brother would be coming down the 15-16 or 14-15. I'm trying to scope out cheap hotel deals on the way but they're either really expensive or way out of the way.

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

Problem is finding the room for camping stuff. One tent, two sleeping bags, related stuff etc etc

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

motoracer8

Kwells, that dosen't look like a Vision. May 15/16 may be good for me, where is this event going to take place? I'm not a camper so motels are nessesary. How many will be riding Visions??

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

Kenny

:) ;DGeeze, The only way I can make it out your way to AzROV, is for Dorothy to attend the OnROV ride. What a Dilema??! :-\ ::)
                      Anyone down in Oklahoma? I am going to be working out of Will Rogers airport for a few days next week.??
                                                           Cheers Ken S. ;)
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

inanecathode

Rick, feel free to jump in. The event will be in kingman arizona.

Rick G

I'll confirm the date after I call Don Minor . I changed the date last time and he got aced out. I'll talk to him tomorrow . I just called and either he's one time zone ahead of me (AZ. is Pacific time in the summer and mountain time in the winter, as we don't subscribe to daylight savings) or he goes to bed real early.  he will call me tomorrow.
I'd like to have as many as possible attend . If some one is willing to ride way out here in the middle of nowhere , I'd like to accommodate them.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

Quote from: Rick G on March 04, 2009, 11:42:55 PM
I'll confirm the date after I call Don Minor . I changed the date last time and he got aced out. I'll talk to him tomorrow . I just called and either he's one time zone ahead of me (AZ. is Pacific time in the summer and mountain time in the winter, as we don't subscribe to daylight savings) or he goes to bed real early.  he will call me tomorrow.
I'd like to have as many as possible attend . If some one is willing to ride way out here in the middle of nowhere , I'd like to accommodate them.

Im sure if its warm enough, and you've got enough of a yard, i'd be willing to camp out there :D

kwells

yah....def not a vision...but can camp from a V nonetheless

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

Inane , we have a deck with an awning above it,  as well as yard space. Not much grass though, this is a desert and I don't approve of  pouring scarce water on the ground . Not likely to rain here in May , the monsoon season starts at the end of June and runs through July and early august.
Rick G

Rick G

I spoke to Don , today and can make it either the 16/17th or the 23/24th  of May.  So we need to decide which week end.
I'd like to have as many as possible attend.  Can everyone make the 23rd/24th?

I'm thinking of going to the canyon at Supi , again . Its a great ride , especially in the spring and only two Visionaries have ridden it.  We can do a short ride, either on the day preceding or the Sunday , to Oatman. Its a great ride , if we have the time.
Rick G

inanecathode

Either one works for me, as long as its set in stone early enough so people get time off.

motoracer8

Rick, For me it has to be before, or after the Memorial day week end, as I have commited to another event.  I used to go to the Road Runner BMW event when it was held in Flagstaff, as I remember I got rained on almost every year.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

Rick G

Flag always seems to get more rain than we do, many times we are on the southern edge of storms that hit flag square on. Many times rain in the desert is spotty . You will see it and get a few drops, but its not a steady down pour. Even in the monsoon season you can play hide and seek with the rain clouds.
Rick G