i really need to ride

Started by ps2/bikevision, June 04, 2007, 11:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

i dont care what it is, vision or fzr but if i dont get on a bike soon im gonna loose my mind. I dont get my freakin licnese back till december, thanks michigan and its dike for a govoner. God i really hate that state, ill never move back.

think i can argue a hard ship for having riding withdrawls? 

hfarley

LOL! I know the feeling! I didn't loose my license but My tummy is too big and I am too close to delivering my little one that I have been yelled at by almost everyone to stay off the bike until afterwards. I am dying to ride now that the weather is nice. I go out and start up the bike to let her warm up for awhile and my neighbors come over to make sure I am not getting on the bike. LOL! I swear one of these days I am going to sneak out at 3 am and just take off for a quick ride. LOL! Oh well, at least I have an outing planned with one of my biker chick buddies to go and pick out cute little motorcycle outfits for the baby at the local shop. Maybe that will curb my craving.

Why don't you use this time down to fix any unresolved issues on your bike? This way once you get your license back you will be able to take off and ride. Just a thought. Good luck!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

dj

I feel your pain (not for the suspended lisence).  I am stuck driving the cage while I get my V up and running.  I have been waiting on a parts order for over 2 weeks now.  Keep getting the same answer of "Give it a few more days and it should be in".  I am getting the urge to go and rent a bike for a day or two just to tide me over.  I'm gonna go nuts if my V doesn't wake up from her nap soon.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

ps2/bikevision

i have been using the down time to work on the fzr but the vision is good to go. well i need a new battery now cause i left it in all winter but other than that its good. i thought about tearing the carbs apart just for fun and seeing if there is anything i can clean in there. the fzr only needs body work and ive got most of that done. i just through a coat of silver on her today and ill tell you it looks great. but i only painted it silver so i can sell the side fairings eaiser. ive got another set of fairing for it thats going to be yamaha blue.

im also makeing a convertable out of my truck now too. so ive got plenty of work to do it just kills me to have two running bikes in the garage and not able to ride either one. and when i do get my licnese back it will be december and too cold to ride for a few more months. eeerrrrr.

inanecathode

I'll trade your two running bikes for 2 and a half non-running bikes :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kiawrench

PS2- i recommend you make friends with someone that owns dirt bikes , get out and ride those, most do not require valid permit anyway - you can get a ride fix in that way, just be sure to stay off roads!

just dont argue with large trees and deep gullies, they never lose .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

hfarley

Just because it will be December when you get your license back doesn't mean that you can't ride. I know the roads around here weren't bad this past year. In fact I went for a ride on Christmas morning. Just bundle up and try not to let the smile freeze on your face as you ride.  ;)
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

ps2/bikevision

i know what your saying heather. the first year i had my vision i rode every month of the year. a few times it wasent by choice. but now when the snow starts to fly here in indiana i park the bikes and drive the truck, or call a cab. heated grips or not im not riding in the snow anymore.