This has to be a joke

Started by iain, August 04, 2012, 07:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

What are your politicians thinking trying to ban gravity?????

Tuesday, July 31, 2012Tennessee Senate Wants To Ban Teaching Gravity

Speaking from outside the Tennessee State Capitol building in Nashville, Weinger said the bill would protect teachers who chose to criticize gravity and other scientific theories in their classrooms.

"The aim of all education is to teach students to think for themselves and we plan to do this by allowing children to be indoctrinated with whatever loosely founded views their teachers may hold."

He added "there is strong evidence in the Bible that the Law of Gravity is a fallacy. For example, Hebrew 1:3 explicitly states that Christ upholds all things by the word of his power – seems like a pretty solid argument to me".

"If you compare this against what's currently taught – that matter 'emits gravitational waves' which 'effect the curvature of the space time continuum'...well gravity starts to look pretty unlikely doesn't it? I'm pretty sure most of those aren't even real words. Unlike Christ's."

Ms. Jenny Fuller, an elementary school teacher from Gatlinburg TN who has been campaigning against the inclusion of gravity in the school curriculum for several years, said she was "delighted" with the outcome

"I have long felt uncomfortable teaching gra...gra....this theory" she said. "It is clearly a dangerous idea to teach our children – Newton 'discovered' gravity by an apple falling on his head, Adam and Eve fell from the Garden of Eden for eating one. Then Newton calls gravity an 'attractive force between all objects' – such a mentality is clearly a gateway for temptation and sexual promiscuity".

Iain
NZ

YellowJacket!

Wow.  I live in Tennessee and I didn't even hear about that.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rikugun

Sounds like they're trying to crack the door open again to reintroduce creationism to the curriculum. The direct assault has failed a few times so "creative" new methods are being employed.

What's interesting is gravity is in our every day lives and impossible to ignore. One has only to gaze upon iain's avatar to see it in action.  :D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

Thought for a moment there you were going to volunteer to hold-up the effects of gravity. LOL     BDC

The Prophet of Doom

All that country music must have addled their brains

Hardly a worthwhile topic for my 1000th post

fret not

Then, I guess if one believes with enough fervor he can levitate! ::) :o :police:  Let's teach walking on water and levitation, it will save billions of $ on highway repair.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

JohnAMcG

-JM