News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Jump Starting Allowed?

Started by Glyn Pickering, June 06, 2004, 12:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I have a functioning  Zenith Transoceanic , I beleive its post WWII.
The  gang switches  that change bans get oxide on them, so squart them with contact cleaner and cycle them a few times and the start working .
My grand son is very puzzeled by this black box that I use earphones with.
I'm going to have him help me make a crystal set, using  a Gillette blue blade,  a card board tube , a pencil lead and a saftey pin , he dosen't believe it will work.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Rick -

Those Transoceanics are cool.  8)  I've been thinking of getting one but the prices are a bit rich for me - at least what I've seen on ebay.  I built a crystal set when I was 10 or 11.  They work amazingly well.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

I bought my Zenith in 1975 for 25.00.
 I met a fellow from P.E.I. when I was a kid . he told me about the radios they made when he was young (1910 or so). They had coils wound to the freq. of the 3 or 4 stations that were on the air back then  and would also change
antennas , depening on which station they were tuning to , the antennas were several hundred feet long and strung on poles. They used the atennas that were not being used, to drive a light bulb, as  they had no electricty!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike