News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

what from ELECTREX?????

Started by lecco, November 04, 2003, 07:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lecco

I am in ordering from electrex UK: question is:
Do I need GENERATOR G7? OR GENERATOR G7 + REGULATOR RECTIFIER RR39?
Battery doesnt charge with light on. It makes a 100$ difference, dont want buy things i dont need. Thanks a lot!!! without YOU guys the only italian VISION was already in garbage.

Humber

First of all Lecco, I know that you talked to Rick that u were going to order you stator from the dealer/reseller in GB. Rick  also mentioned the price u have to pay for the new thing...

...from what I remember the price was in Euros and it was really surprising to me that the same stator is overcharged in GB!!!! (dollar to Euro relation...)

So.. my advice for you is not to buy a stator or a regulator from Anglo crooks... because  u can have it cheaper for dollars... I am sure some guy in US (RICK, maybe LUCKY, maybe RON) will be willing to send it to you from US.... and it will be much cheaper even if u pay for shipment...

SECONDLY: THAT IS IMPORTANT. READ recent posts about the electrex stuff and Lucky's conversation with one of the representatives...

The electrex stator is somehow faulty and they are going to design a new one... (as I understand the whole situation correctly)... so I strongly advise you to wait patiently for a new 'updated/stronger' stator that would match our particular use... (that maybe not that easey since spaghetti country is HOT... but is worth waiting anyway)

now.. as for your real question.... u have to check your regulator first.... I am not an expert byt few people recommend using a new unit with the new electrex stator (even if the old OEM is still good)

SO... moving further... u can find charts for RR testing on electrex USA page... but please be aware that there is a difference between digital and analog multimeters... (each of them produces different result)... so be sure u are using the correct "fault finding chart"
nie ma podpis?w

Lucky

I just want to repeat what Humber said:
1) test the whole system (with a fully charged battery) using Electrex's Fault Finding Chart http://www.electrexusa.com

2) if either the stator or R/R is at fault, or the test results are borderline, replace both, solder the connections, move the R/R to a coller spot, and make sure ALL the bikes electrical connections are clean & tight.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

For maximum reliability I would replace both .
And to add something to Pauls comments , the electrex stator  is fine , the same one,when used on other bikes is very reliable . THe  xz5550 put and abnormal  load on it , what we are hoping for from  Eletrex is  a special heavy duty stator  (teflon insulated wire ???)    How ever this is in the investigative  stage  of the project  and it may be a while untill we see the product . I'm going ahead with the available stator  at this point  Which regulato i will use is up in the air , I have a CX500 R/R and am thinging about making one , then again I may use one from a Kawasaki.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

lecco

hi, I personally dont really belive ELECTREX is going to build a special item for the XZ as our bike is pretty rare, and somebody has to bring his one to them (does somebody do?), also the part is in use to many other bikes (honda, kawa too).
I amalso in need to rida.... how long I have to wait for the "piece"?
I copy here the reply from electrex UK, (I think the price is ok)

Dear Sir
The parts that you require for your Yamaha XZ550 are :

1.  G7 Alternator Stator (Generator)   @  ?64.63
2.  RR39 Rectifier/Regulator    @  ?69.33

Both parts are in stock.

We can ship them to Italy via Royal Mail at a cost of ?13.00
via the International Signed For service. The total amount
including delivery is ?146.96.

Regards
Steve Maddox

Both parts including delivery will be around 230$

thanks guys!

Lucky

I have been talking to the owner, Ritzo, at Electrex, they already are working on a heavy duty stator for the G-7.

RussD

Did he give you any kind of an ETA on when they would be ready for sale Lucky?
2005 Governor Cup Champion Toledo Mudhens

Lloyd Cooper.........the best coach a Michigan opponent could ask for!

'82 Vision (Sold???)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572170463
'98 Honda Blackbird/CBR 1100XX

Lucky

Nope, that's all he had to say about it for now..

lecco

how can i get in contact with mr Rizzo electrex? mind that in the UK electrex doesnt know anything about stronger G7!!!

RussD

Lucky....Did you get my email Monday night after we got done testing my r/r & stator? Are you still sending me that letter that you want me to put in the box before I ship these parts to Electrex?

'82 Vision (Sold???)

Lucky

I think I did, I'll be sending out that letter to you this evening, and ritzo sent me special instructions.

as for contacting Ritzo, I don't think he even meant to tell me about an improved part, so I think it's best not to mention it to him.  When I have data to give you guys, you'll have it the same day.  we don't want to blow this opertunity...
--Lucky

RussD

I'm getting ready to go mail those parts out to Ritzo right now. I'll let you know when they're officially off........Bon Voyage! ? :D

'82 Vision (Sold???)

RussD

The eagle has flown the coop.......I repeat.....The eagle has flown the coop   (the package has been sent.......I repeat.....The package has been sent)

Holy God.......the next time the post office wants to raise the price of stamps, remind me how bad my bunghole hurts right now from sendin' that little 'ol shoebox via certified mail!!  I can only imagine what FedEx or UPS would have charged me........my 1st born child maybe.....gheeeesh!!   ;)

'82 Vision (Sold???)

Lucky

Gee, I don't know what it cost you, but as I tell my little league kids when they get hit by a pitch, Thanks for taking one for the team!!

RussD

No prob Coach!! A little vaseline, and my cornhole will feel fine? ;)

Glad I could finally contribute something back to the group! ?:)

'82 Vision (Sold???)

lecco

Do You think I have to get te G7 directly from the USA? or it could be possible to deal direcly with the UK office?

Rick G

Hard to say at this point, i'm afraid you will have to wait , with the rest of us , fot it to become available.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

QBS

Lucky

G7 is Electrex's part # for the stator

Rick G

Lecco, its not so strange that eletrex would build  aheavy duty stator that fits the Vision. The G 7 is used in several Yamahas and four or five Hondas. and One of the Hondas needs  a heavy duty stator too!
Rick G