YellowJacket! Gets a Facelift **Now with PICS!!**

Started by YellowJacket!, November 20, 2007, 05:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Need side cover emblems!
Looks positively naked without them :O!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

YellowJacket!

Quote from: inanecathode on February 26, 2008, 07:42:05 PM
Need side cover emblems!
Looks positively naked without them :O!

good obs.  I have them just haven't stuck them on yet.  Lucky also gave me some vinyl labels that look really good.  amy use them.  Just haven't decided yet.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kevin

Very nice. I would suggest removing the handrails.

Rick G

Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Kevin on February 26, 2008, 08:40:00 PM
Very nice. I would suggest removing the handrails.

I did it both ways and it seems like it fits better with the rails in place.

David

67GTO

Funny, I don't care for yellow on a car, but I really like it on your bike. The shine is fantastic!
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Night Vision

any particular reason why you ran the brake line like that?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on February 27, 2008, 01:54:31 PM
any particular reason why you ran the brake line like that?

Good observation.  I don't have the right side brake line retainer so I clipped the two lines together with a zip tie (out of the picture) and ran them up along side each other.  Since the 82 line was still in place, I just followed it.
If anyone has the 83 Rt side brake line retainer, I shure could use one.....

David

Night Vision

the Devils' in the details  :-\

I did a quick search and couldn't find one for ya

heat and reverse bend an 82 brake hose holder?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Night Vision on February 27, 2008, 10:38:17 PM
the Devils' in the details  :-\

I did a quick search and couldn't find one for ya

heat and reverse bend an 82 brake hose holder?

Got one of those and will give it a try.  Thanks for the idea.

David

Brian Moffet

I would think it would be easy to make one.  If you want, I can measure mine.

Brian

h2olawyer

David -

I used a couple of loop type retainers, bolted onto the fork brace.  The retainers come with rubber linings.  Available at most hardware stores in the nuts & bolts section.

If you want, I can take a couple pix & email them to you.
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Got to thinking about it after I posted & I also used longer bolts on the fork brace, plus a double jam nut setup at the original bolt length.  Took a little tinkering & grinding on the end of the longer bolts & nut corners, but everything is tight.

Thanks for your ability to decipher my vague description, Lucky!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Good idea.  MAy have to pay Lucky a visit at work.

Went out to the barn today to fire her up but no joy.  Go figure.  It was only about 35 out and she has been notoriously difficult to start in the cold.  She caught a couple times and ran for a few seconds but just not any more than that.  Got a couple good backfires and coming from my little 8x10 barn, that was an eye opening experience.  :o
I had that battery on a tender so it was fully charged and the electrolyte is right up to the prescribed levels but, in any event, it dropped down to 8 volts after a few intense minutes of cranking.  Oh well, I'll wait till it gets a little warmer and try again.

David

Tiger

Quote from: YellowJacket! on February 28, 2008, 04:59:38 PM
It was only about 35 out and she has been notoriously difficult to start in the cold. 

:) How I wish it where that "COLD" here.......its about 4f, without the windchill factor...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Freeze the balls off of a brass monkey :o

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Got up to 60F in Ft. Collins today.  Glad I got a little skiing in last weekend!

H2O

vadasz1

Yeah John, colder than a witches tit as well. ;D  ::)
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Rick G

Probably colder than a well diggers ass in the Klondike as well, 
It was 71 here today , I got busy  and started curing the ills of a 1970  Honda CB750 , more to do tomorrow.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900