News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

water pump crisis

Started by big_champ, March 30, 2006, 12:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_champ

These are they prices you guys gave for these parts. 

Prices for the items listed were as follows:
Clutch Cover Gasket:  $14.14
Mechanical Seal:  $12.48
Oil Pressure Seal:  $5.74
O Rings:  $8.14 and $.91
Yamabond#4:  $6.95

I called my yamaha dealer and they said the clutch cover gasket is $25.  Im here is Ontario Canada, but Im sure the prices cant be that much different.  Is there somewhere else I can order these parts, maybe from yamaha directly for these prices. 

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

MotorPlow

Tdub

By time you get done with shipping and exchange rates, might as well check out http://www.ingliscycle.com/
They are really great people and they are located in London, Ontario. Tdub
Always Looking for the Next Race

Tiger

:) Where in Ontario are you...... ???

? ? ? ? ?
? ;D? ? TIGER? ? ? 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

big_champ

Ottawa, Im getting ripped off at the dealer.  The want $25 for the clutch cover gasket and $20 for the mechanical seal.  This is way more then i expected it to be for these pieces at are maybe $10 worth in material for all of them.

Lucky

the clutch cover Gaskett you should be able to make yourself for $2 worth of material. the Seal in the center MUST be replaced or you'll be putting in crank bearings. & the mechanical seal, well, what are ya gonna do? that's a pretty specific part, and the most expensive type seal on the bike... 

it's all relative, i just dropped $22 on plugs...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black