Carb Hose Question?

Started by WaterMover77498, March 26, 2016, 09:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaterMover77498

Does anyone know the function and where the hoses that go in the position marked in the picture go? On mine, they seem to run behind the wiring behind the battery. After a frustrating day of little success with this bike, I hope someone can hit the easy button for me on this question.

Does anyone also know what material they should be? The hoses on my bike look like they are 1/4" clear water hose from the likes of Home Depot for water dispensers and such.
If at first you don't succeed, open the manual.

Re-Vision

These are air vent hoses that run into a sump hole behind the battery box along with a vent hose from the battery and a vent hose from coolant overflow bottle then on to atmosphere and dripping on to the road. These hoses just try to protect the bike from vapors and drips that stain and corrode other parts .        BDC

RBFD415

Got my carbs ripped apart again, was asking the same questions. My hoses are old, hard and yellow. I assume they weren't always? What common material would make decent replacements?

QBS

Not clear vinyl.  In short order it turns yellow, hard, and very difficult to remove and replace.

Walt_M.

I got Motion Pro gray tygon hose. Looks and feels just like original. Sourced mine from www.jpcycles.com. I got 1/4 and 3/16, 3 ft of each.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Tygon is a standard fuel hose material nowadays, and it tends to remain much more flexible over time than the clear vinyl.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!