News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Alternative Headlight Pot & Fairings

Started by Cdnlouie, July 10, 2003, 08:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

It seems that the rather unique Vision headlight pot of 6x8 inches makes it difficult to fit most aftermarket fairings. I have noticed a couple of Vision changes in the gallery.

If anyone has used other model pots that info would be very helpful.  If you can share the year, make and model that would be awesome.

I did inquire about a 1982 GPZ 1100 sport fairing and it would appear to fit the Vision dimensions but not sure about mounting.

Curious,

Louie  ???

Hugh Jass

I converted my Vision to a 7" round headlight out of an old CB-750 I got from the junkyard.  I used a hole saw to cut 2 holes in the bottom for all the extra wires on the Vision. It bolted up nicely.

I did it mostly because of the availability of fairings for bikes with round headlights.  I put on a small universal sport fairing i got from some guy for $40 (half price and never used ;D)

I like the looks of it with the fairing (I'll get around to posting pictures some day) but I think it looks even sharper naked with the round headlight.  I would have left mine naked but I ride on the highway every day to work.  

The round light makes the bike look much more classy and would recomment doing it....

SY

Rifle may still make a square headlight faring that will fit. I think the Rifle model was Nightflight.