News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

coolent resevior

Started by thisandthat, June 28, 2009, 06:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisandthat

Is that clear hose correctly  going to the coolant reservoir? It doesn't look right going over the frame like that, but it seems like the way it wants to go. I'm putting my bike back together after it sitting so I forget how everything was routed.

thisandthat

Also, should my reservoir fill up if my rad is full? Ever since I've had the bike it never seems like the reservoir changes level, I've changed the coolant a couple times now and it never seems to make a difference in the level of the reservoir, just the same old old looking coolant in it. I've emptied it now, but I'm wondering if maybe something is wrong, and its not acting over flow/under flow for the system as it should.

Night Vision

the overflow hose does not go over the frame. it goes down behind the bottle and into a hole in the frame member.

I would keep the bottle 1/2 full regardless if you use the fluid or not.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

thisandthat

Ya thats where the other end of the hose goes, down behind the bottle, then through a hole in the cross member but isn't the other end supposed to be hooked up to the top of the bottle?

Thanks

Re-Vision

Mine is exactly like the picture and the clear hose is clamped with a metal tab near the bottom of the steel down tube and then is routed to the rear. My service manual shows a different bottle with a lower overflow connection.

Night Vision

Quote from: thisandthat on June 28, 2009, 08:12:12 PM
Ya thats where the other end of the hose goes, down behind the bottle, then through a hole in the cross member but isn't the other end supposed to be hooked up to the top of the bottle?

Thanks

there is a black hose that comes off the top of the radiator.... that hose goes to the bottom of the coolant bottle.
the clear yellow hose, is the overflow that goes to the frame
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

thisandthat

Super duper, thanks a lot everyone, now to go riding....weeeeeee....no wait, now to go get insurance, crap