in need of water inlet housing

Started by dvd, July 26, 2006, 11:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvd

I inherited a 83 vision that the owner took out the right lower fairing and water inlet housing.  I removed the  fairing, no problem, but I do need the water inlet housing, gasket and hoses.  Does anyone have a spare they can part with?  byw - what antifreeze is recommended?

I look forward to joining this group of riders.  I live on the Duck Valley Indian Res in Owyhee NV (on the Idaho border), but have visions (pun?) of many miles on many roads.

Thanks - email me dlock@zappsystems.com

d0n

h2olawyer

Welcome dvd.  Glad you found us.  Nice to have another Westerner in the fold!   ;D

Tiger may have the parts you seek.  They aren't terribly rare - I believe the later 82s had the same parts as the 83s.  The early 82s have a different part number for the waterpump housing.

As for antifreeze, you can use anything that says non-silica.  Yamacool is what I used for years.  Now, I use EngineIce which helps the engine run a little cooler.  They say up to 50 degrees (F) but I'd say more like 10 ~ 15 (F).

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dvd

Thanks for your help h2olawyer, so how do I get ahold of this tiger guy?  And thanks d0n for the welcome.
dvd

h2olawyer

Look for Tiger's posts in the swap shop section of the forum.  He's online quite often & may answer your post here as well.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

Quote from: h2olawyer on July 26, 2006, 11:31:55 PM

Tiger may have the parts you seek.  They aren't terribly rare - I believe the later 82s had the same parts as the 83s.  The early 82s have a different part number for the waterpump housing.

I can couch for that, I had to swap sidecovers on my bike cuz my waterpump housing wouldn't fit
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on July 26, 2006, 11:31:55 PM

Hi and welcome to the ROV "Family", DVD....... 8)

I'm not sure if the present motor's I have are early or late '82's.... ???

I thought that they where inter-changeable.... :-[

Can some-one let us know....... ;)

;D       TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

dvd

Thanks Tiger - it would be worth it to pay you for one to see if it does fit.  If not, we can go from there.  Or do you want to sell one?  If so, how much and where to send the $. - dvd

h2olawyer

The DGY site says one # for serial #s up to 010176 & another for 010177 & up.  The number is on the engine.

Hope this helps.

H2O