News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Going Fairingless

Started by crackerkorean, June 14, 2005, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerkorean

I posted earlier about to use the fairing or not. I have decided since I need a new wind sheild and mirrors that it would be cost prohibitive (sp) right now to use the fairing.

This is what I need from the vision community.
1. The parts to change over
2. Some close up pics of the front end of the bike and how everything is arranged.

On h20lawyers site he has a pic of a tellow V with a round headlight and a buell windsheild and I think that looks really good and would like to do that. I wouls also like to mount a more modern style headlight on the bike if I changethe light out.

any help, pointers, and suggestions would be much appreciated.

h2olawyer

The yellow Vision with the round headlight is owned by glenn_w.  There is another photo of it in the gallery on this site, too.  He will have to tell you what light he used.  The photo on my site is from last fall's CROV rally in Johnsondale, CA.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ProfessorRex

That headlight/fairing is from a buell.  They are easy to find on eBay, BUT they are EXSPENSIVE! I watched a few before I got my shark fairing and headlight+fairing+ fairing mount = About $200! NOT CHEAP! 

The headlight from a maxim 650 will fit, and they're cheap, but no "fly-screen"

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...