News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

The gremlins were to busy at other peoples houses

Started by zore, March 03, 2007, 05:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

So it's about 60f out side and I just took the triumph out for a little spin.  Then I figured I'd try my hand at the R5.5.  Now this thing isn't the easiest thing to start after sitting for 3 or 4 months but to my suprise it started right up.  So off I went on a little ride.  Hope everyone has the same luck.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian Moffet

Uh, no  ::)

Brian (started on the rear carb today..., and thanks H2O for the fuse block.)

h2olawyer

Quote from: Vision Rising on March 03, 2007, 09:50:24 PM
Uh, no  ::)

Brian (started on the rear carb today..., and thanks H2O for the fuse block.)

Glad to help!  Hope you get up & running soon.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

No gremlins here. Put in a new battery today and replaced the YICS lines. Starts up and runs better than ever.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

MotorPlow

Quote from: zore on March 03, 2007, 05:17:17 PM
So it's about 60f out side and I just took the triumph out for a little spin.  Then I figured I'd try my hand at the R5.5.  Now this thing isn't the easiest thing to start after sitting for 3 or 4 months but to my suprise it started right up.  So off I went on a little ride.  Hope everyone has the same luck.

Yup, I had the same luck. I think all the gremlins are visiting Tiffany's house. I took the bike for a 40 mile ride on Friday to get her inspected. Pulled the bike off the battery tender, set to prime, rolled it outside... Fired right up. It's a beautiful thing... Just watch the gravel in the road.

Tiffanator

Yes... the gremlins are all busy giving me the run around.  That's ok though, I'm glad you guys are getting to enjoy your bikes.  Warm weather is starting to creep back in.
Later
Tiff
Tiffanator
First time restorer

ps2/bikevision

i too afraid to dig the vision out right now. still too much snow on the ground. plus there is alot of crap in front of it. i did fire her up on christmas but i had to climb over a buch of boxes and the fzr just to get to it.

h2olawyer

Gotta love Springtime in the Rockies.  55 degrees (F) and sunny.  Not even much wind - rare for March!  Also, not a gremlin to be found.  Just got back from about 40 miles in the nearby foothills.  Must have seen at least 30 other bikes out today.  The V ran great - especially considering it has been started & warmed up just once since last November.  Went solo so no photos.  Wanted to just ride, so no video, either.  Found a little sand in a couple corners but mostly, it was nice, clean pavement.  Took it easy for the 20 miles out - but on the return run, I managed to get some nice lean angles going in the twisties.  Dusted off a V-rod once the road started bending again.  In the straights leading into the tighter stuff, he was impatient.  After the second turn, he was just a small spot in my rearview mirror.  Surprising since I'm not the fastest rider in the tight curves & there's a bit of rust in my riding skills to boot.

Rewired power center seems to work as I hoped.  Volt gauge stayed between 13.5 & 14.5V the entire time.  The short wire run to the new fuseblock and the 10 gauge wire from there to the battery (through the 40A relay) sure puts quality juice to the accessories.

Glad those gremlins are elsewhere.  If you're having a bad day, blame me - I had all your fun molecules!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

I took the Ninja for a test run on Angeles Crest Sat. afternoon.  It was a great day to ride, weather was in the 70's.  I just rebuilt the engine, (it only has 400 miles on it), so I had to finally open her up.

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

MotorPlow

Has anyone else seen the new Progressive Insurance commercial with the Gremlins knocking over the motorcycle? I laughed my butt off!