Gas Tank Liners Red Coat?? of Pro-15

Started by visionrevisit, June 14, 2008, 07:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visionrevisit

I had my starter rebuitl thanks Jason and tried to ride it and Boom.   There was a load boom after major bogging in acceleration.    I pushed it home and found it ran on one cylinder.   Well I thought it was blown but after further engineering I found the plugwire dangling and the plug attached.  Weird.   I figure the Cycle Barn mechanics did a comp check and forgot to tighten the plug.   Now I found the gas tank new from last years out of box from Germany is orange rust in my gas tank.  I cannot believe it has rusted in one season.  I found a radiator shop that will clean and coat with red coat.  I was wondering if I should do the Pro-15 myself or try there labor for $60-$100.  The pepcock was filled with orange powdery material and the tank is difficult to drain.  Any suggestions to flushing or properly draining the tank?

Thanks in advance to any ideas tath could help me proceed.

Daniel
Pearll White Vision

Night Vision

I would get the Por-15 and do it yourself for what? $40? the kit is complete and has instructions

whatever you decide... make sure you use an inline fuel filter, because if you didn't before... you might be in for some carb cleaning......
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

inanecathode

I'd just have them do it if its that cheap. Its 40 bucks for the kit, plus all the work to do it. On top of that, if you jack the paint up its your fault, if they jack it up its their fault ;)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

QBS

I Pored my '83 tank.  It's not difficult.  '83's are more difficult than '82's because the fuel gauge sender unit hole has to be sealed off.  Carefully follow the instructions, be patient, and allow at least a week to let the final stage cure.  There is no reason to fear messing up your paint unless you are really clumsy.