News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Performance Improvements

Started by Bladerunner, December 10, 2001, 05:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bladerunner

I have had excellent results useing AMSoil 20-50 cycle oil, power foam in the carbs, and DENSO Iridium spark plugs. I am also putting in to AMSoil to have 3 custom foam air filters done if possable. Anyone els have any tips for more power, speed, and general performance improvements that don't get to technical? And has anyone els had the same results with AMSoil? I haven't started useing it in my cars yet, but my cycles seem to love it. Running it in 7 of them now.

jasonm.

The biggest performance improvements come from chassis upgrades. Forks springs, rear shock, front taper bearings and replacing the right frame member bolts with 3/8" ones. This engine is putting out between 50 and 55hp at the rear wheel. Depending on how its set up and tuned. Which is good for a modern V-twin under 650cc even today. Heck it's half the power of a Honda 996. What would you expect from 1982/1983. So the engine and available mods are not around in much quantity. There were hi-perf. camshafts around years ago. But I don't think you want to go that route. You need chassis specifics email me.
jsmthefix@msn.com
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

jasonm.

You could put in DYNA coils(DC3-1) and (or) NGK 5k ohm spark plug caps(VD05F). I did. It helps the starting some.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules