I picked up an '83 a couple of weeks ago.

Started by munkyfistfight, November 07, 2014, 12:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munkyfistfight

I haven't been on here in a long time. I thought I'd update. My '82 runner is running rich on the rear carb so it's going back in the shop. In the meantime I picked up an '83.

The guy wanted $1000 for it but gave in and let me have it for $500. I'm really excited to ride this one next Spring.

Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

fret not

Is the engine painted black?  Looks like it from the first pic.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

jefferson

That is quite the deal. I like the paint he did. Really needs the correct turn signal on the front though and what has been done to the exhaust? Need some good side shots.

munkyfistfight

The engine isn't painted black. Is it supposed to be? I thought I read somewhere that the '83s has black engines and exhaust. I'll post more pictures soon. It's currently covered up under the porch. We're having a bit of a cold spell here in Pittsburgh.
Those who play by the book will always be beaten by those who write their own. -Travis Pastrana

QBS

No factory black V engines.  "Black Chrome" is stock '83 exhaust system color/finish.

Rikugun

I've seen a few Visions that have had the engine painted black and it looks pretty good - to me at least  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan