News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

fuel filter

Started by ps2/bikevision, February 24, 2005, 07:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

i havent visited in awhile been busy traveling the country. i just picked up my vision yesterday (froze my a%$ off it was only 32 out here in michigan) from my uncle who was supposed to do the shims for me but he said they weret bad it is the clutch or the stator. from the looks of it he didnt do anything but run the gas out. ran out half way home glad someone was following me gave me a chance to thaw out. any way i know i need an inline fuel filter and i called the local bike shop and they said they dont know what size i needed. they are all idots i need one of there catlogs so i can call with the part numbers i need. can i just go to auto zone and pick one off the shelf or do i need a special filter.

kiawrench

in-line filters are all pretty much the same, nipples on each end ,and some way to trap the gunk--- i just went to a napa store, bought one of the glass fuel filters with the sintered bronze element in it , about 4.75 us   -
  just get a filter on the bike  as soon as possible, making it really pretty can happen later, , or like mine , just route it in such a way the the filter looks stock .
  be sure you dont kink the fuel hoses, and use clamps !
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Kia's right about getting that filter installed quickly.  The other thing is to use one for 1/4" (id) fuel line.  Dennis Kirk has some for $2.99 + shipping.  (//www.denniskirk.com)  Go to the metric bike section & search for fuel filter.  They list the dimensions.  They have one that looks interesting - the inlet & outlet are @ a 90 deg. angle.  Part #18-2519.  They carry filters from $2.99 tp $12.99 for an anodized aluminum model from Russell.  They have fuel line & clamps at reasonable prices as well.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Wayne

Napa part number 7-02357 bronze element-works great on vision-$3.08 current price in North Texas area

ps2/bikevision

thanks for the info ill have to pic one up the next time im in town. now that i have my truck pretty much done i can work on getting my v ready for the riding season. mostly cosmetic

QBS

Go to NAPA or any decent auto parts store and find something that looks like it will work.  I run a Honda civic filter because the inlet/outlet tube angles work for me.  It is a little unsightly, but I just tuck it up behind the fairing on my '83.

ps2/bikevision

got the filter today. the guy at napa didnt know he had a filter like that. good thing you guys give me the part number. $2.99 plus tax. i live in a small town and the local napa store is fairly small. they dont even have a computer in there. :-/

now all i have to do is wait till this last foot of snow that just fell in the last three days melts.

if it doesent warm up soon so i can get some riding in then im gona go insane. this is the worst part of the year in my opinon. its like the day before christmas for kids. :o

Rob_OS23

I know what you mean.  We got about the same amount of snow over the last few days up here a bit north of Toronto.  There were days here around Jan 1st where I was outside in just a light sweatshirt, working on the roof.  A few weeks ago , it looked like the end of winter, now we've had about ten "this is gonna be the last big one" periods.  Enough already :)
I'm VERY anxious to get out there....