News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Safe way to buy a bike

Started by EH, February 25, 2005, 12:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EH

I may be buying a bike from New Mexico. Does anyone have any experience safely paying for and shipping a motorcycle? Let me know what you know. Thanks EH

louthepou

Unsure if same applies down south, but a friend of mine shipped a bike from British Columbia to Quebec (in Canada). Used a reputable freight company, the bike was driven up the ramp, at the back of the trailer, crated right in there, then tractored accross the country. Was delivered unharmed to my buddy's door. You want to be 100% sure it's properly crated before the trip.

As far as buying goes, my experience is limited to selling a Vision motor to a Forum member in Labrador, NF, Canada. It did involve him trusting me, I guess the bigger the loot, the more trust is involved.

I don't know if that's going to help, but little replies were seen, so I thought my 2 cents could bring a few more...  

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lead_Deficiency

Best sure way - Go out and get it yourself and trailer it back. ;)

ProfessorRex

Pay with paypal, have it shipped ForwardAir, it's the fastest, cheapest, safest way
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

veloce430

I agree with Professor Rex.  I've bought a few bikes on Ebay the last few years, and all have been shipped to me with Forrward Air. Six days from east coast to Portland OR.  Nice steel purpose built crate/container with multiple tie down eyes.  You need to supply tie downs and padlocks and have seller deliver to a Forward Air terminal.