News:

Main Menu

Kick stand mod

Started by Re-Vision, July 06, 2009, 01:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Moffet

funkamongus

Kool,, I havent had any "sparkling" mead.. it was more like white wine, but sweeter, mmmm tasty, and a white zin almost with the berry flavoring.. only way better than zin.. I can definitely see the hangover potential now that im remembering the sweetness of them...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

h2olawyer

Thanks for the link, Brian.  There are a few mead kitchens around, but it is a rare find.  There's one about 50 miles from me.  I wasn't highly impressed, but it was drinkable.

http://www.redstonemeadery.com/

Sparkling mead is amazing.  It tends to bring out the honey flavor a bit more, so a vareital honey like orange blossom would work well in that style.  The sparkling meads I've had were very lightly carbonated - less than champagne, for sure.  Still enough to notice, but the bottle opens with a minor pop or pffft.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kenny

The Beer we have up this "way" is a bit STRONGER - so we use cans that are made of Thicker metal and you can just lay the can on it's side and it'l hold the bike up. ;)
          Cheers Kenny 
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Cdnlouie

Ok, it's time to change this post to "Sick Can Mod"  ;D

The Prophet of Doom

And since you lot are all fanatics at "doing it yourself" here is my grandfather's mead recipe.  I have not made this one, but most of his recorded recipes are pretty good

1/2 oz hops
3 1/2 lb honey
1lb wheat
1oz yeast
1/2lb raisins
1 (UK) gallon water

Boil hops in water 20 mins, strain and make liquid up to 1 (UK) gallon
When lukewarm add wheat, chopped raisins and honey
Stir until it is dissolved and add yeast dissolved in a little warm water
Stir
Ferment 16 days
Strain and bottle

h2olawyer

Actually, that is the stock 83 sidestand.  All 83s came with that from the factory.  The tang & ball were attached to make it easier to put the stand down.  With the reconfigured footpeg position of the 83, the sidestand has a smaller space between the footpeg & the exhaust, making access with the foot more difficult.  I still have my 82 sidestand with the 83 pegs.  I need to use my heel - with my toes pointed @ nearly 90 degrees from the bike - to put the sidestand down.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

Yes, there is an electrical harness extension.  It basically handles turnsignals and headlight I think.  I just looked at mine, and that's all I see.

Brian

h2olawyer

I'll confirm Brian's visual assessment.  Extension for headlight & turn signals.  It is possible to make an extension if you can find male & female headlight plugs.  I know I saw them someplace, but it has been a few years since I looked and have long since lost the link.

H2O

Brian Moffet

Quote from: h2olawyer on July 18, 2009, 07:48:52 PM
I'll confirm Brian's visual assessment. 

Oh good, cause I just updated my prescription for my glasses, and I'm having to get used to the double lens setup...

The Prophet of Doom

The extension does the park light also

Brian Moffet

Quote from: roro on July 18, 2009, 08:32:46 PM

The rear tail-light park light (key all the way past lock)?

h2olawyer

So that's what the extra wire is for.  It is unused when putting the fairing on an 82 - nothing to hook it to that I could find.  Thanks for the info!

H2O

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Brian Moffet on July 18, 2009, 08:44:10 PM
Quote from: roro on July 18, 2009, 08:32:46 PM

The rear tail-light park light (key all the way past lock)?

That's it.  Mine is an 82 XZ550R and these have a park light built into the headlight as well

Brian Moffet

That's odd, I have an 83, and it has never had a park light....  There is an extra wire...

Brian

h2olawyer

Brian -  maybe that wire is for the front (headlight) park light in non-US / North America models?  Can't see why the rear park light would need an extension anyway.

H2O

The Prophet of Doom

There are dozens of small weird inexplicable changes between models, and even dates within models
For instance, why does my fairing not have reflectors on the lowers when they are worth all of 50 cents?

You would think the muli-model thing would be more expensive than just making them all the same to a ever so slightly higher overall spec. I'll never understand the Japanese.