News:

Main Menu

OIL CONSUMPTION

Started by Humber, June 18, 2002, 03:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

Guys, How much oil does your machinge consume per 1000km????

I am fed up with that case, and maybe I will be forced to sell my bike because of this tormenting problem. IT very I would say irritating.

As ya now I changed piston rings this year. (I used OPEL CORSE rings, coming from 1.4 diesel engine, and of course they were chrome type).

After 1000 km or 1500 km - NO CONSUMPTION

Today, let's say I made 100 km's. I placed it on the center stand I was just about to look at the clutch adjustment once again. AND....................... I couldn't belivie, f***,damn:(

The half of the oil window was empty!!!! What happened??????  A made only 100km!!!!!

In a moment I thought that the oil ring broke because of high rpms. (ANYWAH HOW TO CHECK IT??)

BUT there is no white fog coming out of the mufler, there are no any suspicious noises.

And it is probably impossible for those ring just to break, they can survive 200 000km in a regular OPEL car!!!

What to do with this f...... OIL CONSUMPTION????

nie ma podpis?w

jim

not meaning to be a idiot but when i change mine sometimes it reads full than i run it and it needs a little more.might mbe your case i dont know

strainj

Humber
hate to tell you but my bike has never used any extra oil.  Don't forget when checking the oil, the engine must be cold, so check it in the morniing before   you start the bike. It's the same when you check the oil in your car, always check it when the engine is cold.
Blair

Humber

The manual says completely different thing, that the oil should be checked in engine's working temperature.

"Place motorcycle on the center stand, start the engine to allow it to reach normal working temperature, then wait 5 min and check the amout of oil in the oil window......

That's the way it should be done.

And it makes sense to me. Some oil still remains in the cylinder heads, and the rest should already cover the window.

If u chceck u oil while the engine is cold. U have all of it in the crank case.
nie ma podpis?w

Humber

Jim, its not the case. I mean half of the window after 100km.
nie ma podpis?w