News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

She lives!

Started by JoshNeff, June 15, 2004, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshNeff

Well... my gas tank is dead.   So a gool old soda bottle is being used.  I got it started for the first time, aside from some crazy high revving and choke issues, it seemed ok.

An hour into fiddling with it, i got it to rev about 1500-2k nicely when idling.   I decide to see if it moves, stall the damn thing.   Battery is dead so I charge it, stall again.  Im caution of giving it TOO much gas adn losing control the first time I get it moving.... remember, im a bit crazy, but not stupid.

MY roommate on thet other hand... he doesnt really care about anything, so I tell him "Go try and drive it, ill get it set up for you"

He drops the clutch at about 3500 and takes of a LOT faster then he thought he would... whcih is what I knew i would do if i tried to rev it higher then i was, hes going along, hits second, almost hits the street (we're in an alley) and hits the rear break half way thruogh second gear.

She stops perfectly.

Battery is dead again, but she runs and man... it was nice to see this work paying off

thank you everyone

MotorPlow

If you have a dead battery, the voltage will not be enough to have the TCI fire the coils and it will stall.  Try replacing the battery, not just charging it.  You might want to test your R/R and Stator at the same time.  Just replacing the battery with a charging system that doesn't work will put your right back in the same situation.

Chris

nvdranger

good to hear its up and living once agian.  aaaahhh the wonderful world of the vision charging system.  in the process of replacing my stator (from electrex) and r/r from a cx500 right now.  deffinetly get a new battery (if you havent already), a multimeter, download the electrex troubleshooting chart (very easy to follow) and get-rrrr-done.

Good luck
Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.