News:

Main Menu

Dec ride

Started by GAJim, December 29, 2003, 05:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAJim

took bike out weather reached the low 60s.  it was sunny and beautiful rode for about 25 miles.  I have found some backroads that are lots of fun to ride.  can open it up a bit.  still leary of the law.  I have too many speeding tickets to get another. too bad those where in cars not on the V.  I put a can of berrymans in per luckys suggetions to clean out the carbs   time will tell if it worked but did enjoy the the break in the weather had been cold her for at least Georgia standards.  I guess there will be no winter tear aparts as I would rather get riding time in than repaint the frame.

Walt_M.

My last ticket was in 1985, on the V, 88 in a 55. Only cost me $92 then. I've been out a couple of times this month, would have gone today but I've been fooling around with the boat. I went fishing Saturday and took a pretty severe beating in 4-6 foot seas, should have gone riding. I'll probably ride New Year's day as it has been a long tradition, even when I was in Ohio.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

its not working out too well here! we just got 3/4 inches of snow , and the slush is frozen solid !  They don't plow or sand here, in fact there arn't any  plows ! Except in the mountains. I amy pull the bike out and start it and warm it up  , it looking  to be a long, cold winter here!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Thought about taking mine out the last few days - mid 40's and sunny - but many shady corners are still icy and it's been a week since we got any snow.  Saw a group out on Saturday and decided they were braver than I!  Looks like Thursday or Friday this week will be in the low 50's so I might give it a try then.  At times I do envy y'all in warmer climates.  Then I get out for a day of skiing and that goes away quickly!  ;D

Happy New Year!
Rob
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.