News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

ouch that hurt! *pics added 10/9*

Started by haunter, October 05, 2006, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

:-[

well I went down on the way home from work, no real damager to man or machine, just some scratched up plastic on the FZR

between some kids walking on the shoulder of the road on a curve, cars crossing the double yellow to go around them, and not seeing me, me swerving to avoid them, and not seeing the car at teh end of the curve stopping to turn(w/o signaling) I was WAY out of place to go around the car on the shoulder so I had to nail the brakes and got too much rear brake I guess, the rear end came out and I went down at about 35 onto the pavement.  The car in front had no idea what was going on and almost pulled out into the bike sliding by.  I have a small rash on my elbow but mostly im pissed about effing up the plastics and getting too much rear brake, I do however don't think I woulda stopped in time so going down was probably better than ending up in oncoming traffic
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

h2olawyer

Major bummer.  Glad you weren't hurt more seriously.  Heal fast.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

:) Pleased to "hear" you have no major damage.... 8) As a matter of interest, what where you wearing... ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

red66tempest

Tiger,  You're all over this web site, so I'm sure there are alot of people that are glad you're OK.  Obviously your Vision is OK.  You were riding a FZR!  Right? 

Phew!  Everyone can relax!

Hi, I'm new!

Jim

haunter

yeah I was on my FZR

I had on black dress shoes and slacks, my icon timax jacket and revit mesh/leather/armor'd gloves, the slacks have a very small hole in them and they were new  >:(

dime sized rash spot on my knee, half dollar on my elbow, and a really sore hip, but nothing worth writing home about
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

EH

On July 10 I seriously miscalculated a sharp left turn at 40 MPH on a road in Connecticut that I had never been on before.  I rolled 3 times after jumping off and smashed my tibia and broke my lower knee into 3 pieces. Surgery was July 21 and I am still out of work. 8 screws and 1 plate later I am just now able to get downstairs where my computer is located. My 20 year old SRX600 has a bent handlebar, a dent in the tank, a broken open battery, and a smashed tach. My only injury was to my knee because I wear the best gear I can afford. From this point forward I will never ride without hard covered and padded knee and shin protection! This was my worst crash in 31 years of motorcycling and I could have walked away with the afforementioned knee protection.

h2olawyer

Sorry to hear of your crash, EH.  Hope you keep mending & get back on the horse that threw ya ASAP!  Another reminder to dress & stay safe out there.  Too bad it has to involve an injury - especially to another Visionary.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kevin

All; the gear all the time. ;)

haunter

pants are in the budget this winter, I just don't have the spare cash for them yet, but pants and boots are a planned purchase!

the hip has gotten a really nasty purple color to it now, but it doesnt hurt any worse.  I am sure I'll rider her to work monday

haunter

I did burn 2 small holes in my coat!    >:(

I have a leather teknic jacket, but I hate wearing it around town, its ONLY comfortable when on the sportbike, its not great for use on teh V, and it sucks for around town since I am not tucked much.

I have some pics, not of the rash to the bike yet though...

zore

Quote from: haunter on October 09, 2006, 02:32:54 PM
I did burn 2 small holes in my coat!    >:(

I have a leather teknic jacket, but I hate wearing it around town, its ONLY comfortable when on the sportbike, its not great for use on teh V, and it sucks for around town since I am not tucked much.

I have some pics, not of the rash to the bike yet though...

WE HAVE MATCHING ARM SCARS.  Mine is a little bigger but that's really all I had.  Crashing sucks.  That is all.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

haunter

heres the hip now that its done changing colors

and yes it does, so glad it was at 35 and not 70

Night Vision

are you sure that's getting better  ???
seriously... you did go to the doctor right?

blood clots and strokes suck  :o
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Brian Moffet

Quote from: zore on October 12, 2006, 12:34:06 PM
WE HAVE MATCHING ARM SCARS.  Mine is a little bigger but that's really all I had.  Crashing sucks.  That is all.

I have similar scars (though much deeper and longer) on the insides of my elbows.  They've been there for 23 years.  Cleaning out road rash is not a pretty sight, and it's no fun being the one cleaned.  (Wheres my morphine!)

Wear protection.  (no, I was not on a bike when the scars were made.)

Brian

haunter

Quote from: Night Vision on October 12, 2006, 09:52:41 PM
are you sure that's getting better  ???
seriously... you did go to the doctor right?

blood clots and strokes suck  :o

alot of the 'bruising' doesnt hurt, I've experienced this before with a severe leg injury, the swelling goes down, but the blood has no where to go really so it spreads out a bit in the skin.

No doctor, I can do everything i could before with just minor soreness, if its till an issue end of next week I'll go get x-ray'd I guess.

got new gloves today, maybe get pants soon, new jacket next paycheck I hope