Gold Ray Dam Road, Jackson County, State of Jefferson

Started by Coil Coyle, May 06, 2007, 11:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coil Coyle

Riding up Glen Ray Dam road two months ago I had the top down on Donna Marie's "Beachmobile". Over the road ahead I thought I saw a Raptor carrying a fish. Stopping to watch, it kept flying up the railroad right away toward me, on the river side of the road. As it got closer  it grew into an Eagle and it was carrying a pine branch with a needle covered twig 2 ft long that I had thought was a fish. The branch itself was about 8 feet long and 2 inches round at the end where it had broke loose from the tree. It landed in a pine about 100 foot from the road and joined another Eagle who was holding a similar branch balanced across the top of the open branches of the fire shortened trunk of the pine.

Yesterday I road the "Flying Pig" out and settled onto the grassy hill on the other side of the road, about 2miles East from the railroad bridge at Blackwell road. The nest was finished so I lay there in partly cloudy sunshine and read while I waited.

After an hour or so an eagle flew over me, circled and watched me a moment and then flew into the nest. As it fed a chick the other Eagle circled and soared around the nest. About 10 minutes later they both flew off toward the river again. In the next hour they fed again and then the sun was bright and one stayed to shield the nest while the other went back toward the river.

Watching the sun irides of of the feathers on it's back as it soared, I was finally shown why the are called "Golden".

Me and the Harley guy, Ray, were in agreement that the best thing about motorcycling is that you are "in" nature when you ride. I've got a few hours before I have to go to sleep, I'm going back with the shop camera.

8)
Coil

Coil Coyle

Double click the pictures and they open. Below the album page Photobucket has an HTML address generator. I used the third one down.

;)
Coil

h2olawyer

Way Cool!   8)

Thanks for the write-up & pix!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 08, 2007, 01:39:27 AM
Way Cool!   8)

Thanks for the write-up & pix!

H2O

8)...DITTO...Love this kinda stuff... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!