Main Menu

Chain Drive Conversion

Started by VIRAGO_GRIFF, January 10, 2005, 05:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riche

Ed Hoyle

Thank you for the link.

Ed Hoyle

Your welcome. Awesome fabrication and construction. Wish I could find more info and pics on these machines. Might try an email to the site host and ask the builders to contact ROV about the Visions. Just made the connection that the FZR framed racer is the one in the ROV gallery!  

Lucky

If you look closely at the 750 pic, you'll notice the caps of two guys on the left side of the bike.  how much you wanna bet their changing a stator, lol!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

if one looks closely, he or she will see, every one of those stroker bikes has an OIL COOLER!

now to get the info and make it happen ,,,,,,,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

I have a right side engine cover sitting here with a galley pluged, and another tapped to accept a line, with the return being at the filter cover (which I don't have).

I wouldn't even try it unless it was on a parts bike though.. too chickenschit to try it on my own bike.

Originally I chased the idea to help keep the stator cooler, but moving the R/R to the passenger peg seemes to be the more sane solution.

pics availavle upon request.

--Lucky

Rick G

I have a pic of a Vision that Kenny Roberts built with chain drive , however the pic shows no detail.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

VIRAGO_GRIFF

Can you post the picture anyway I'm sure we would like to see it

Superfly

Hey Lucky, Post the Pic, I would love to see it
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

jasonm.

Vmax's for drag racing are converted to chain all the time. A friend of mine has one. It is doable since the drive train is very similar between the 2 bikes. I do not know all the details. But I believe the cases are split and a longer output shaft(for sprocket), maybe addition bearing  and  surely a seal are installed.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules