News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Please Remember Brian_Matthews In Your Thoughts & Prayers

Started by Cdnlouie, June 21, 2006, 09:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

;D Brian,
Whatever you need for your "V", if I have it, its yours.......NO CHARGE. (I have a set of fork's).

;D      TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

MotorPlow

Quote from: Tiger on June 23, 2006, 10:35:04 PM
;D Brian,
Whatever you need for your "V", if I have it, its yours.......NO CHARGE. (I have a set of fork's).

;D      TIGER        8)

I have a front fender... It's red/not cracked.

kwells

Quote from: Serendipity on June 21, 2006, 10:48:40 PM
Best wishes to Brian for a speedy recovery. Thank the Lord it wasn't worse.

And a great reminder to us all the importance of good gear.

Patti (Card carrying member of ATGATT: All The Gear All The Time No matter how damn hot it is in FL)

Isn't that the code for a purine amino acid?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

louthepou

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Brian, soooo sorry to learn about your hike in the Muskoka wilderness. I happen to know a thing or two about exploring nature up close, and what you did... well that's not the best way!

Very very glad to read that you seemingly are, relatively speaking, just somewhat hurt. Your limbs are still attached to your body. I hope you got good pain killers, good family to help you stay patient, and good health staff speeding your recovery. And good cable TV. And good friends visiting.

Of course, count on us for any spare parts needed... for the bike  ;)

Take it easy.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

louthepou

;D Good one, kwells

Quote from: kwells on June 23, 2006, 11:42:21 PM
Quote from: Serendipity on June 21, 2006, 10:48:40 PM
(Card carrying member of ATGATT: All The Gear All The Time No matter how damn hot it is in FL)

Isn't that the code for a purine amino acid?
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Brian_Matthewson

Went to see the orthopedic surgeon today. No broken bones, just torn ligaments.
No cast, no surgery, just two weeks of not using the arm, followed by another 4 weeks of low activity, plus some physiotherapy.
Got off easy I guess!!  ;D
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

h2olawyer

Brian -

Glad to hear it wasn't worse.  Physical therapy beats the knife any day!  Heal fast.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

;D Drink lots and lots of alcohol for a couple of week's....Won't fix the arm BUT you wont remember how you did it....... ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;)
Get healthy soon..... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Brian_Matthewson

Tiger...that's the best advice I've received since the accident!
And thanks for your generous offer of parts! It's going to be awhile before I can turn a wrench.
Brian

Night Vision

hope your therapy only takes six weeks... I don't know about you, but the older I get, the longer it takes to heal a big ouchy...

no pain... no gain. right?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

haunter

Quote from: Night Vision on June 28, 2006, 08:42:52 AM
hope your therapy only takes six weeks... I don't know about you, but the older I get, the longer it takes to heal a big ouchy...

no pain... no gain. right?

haha yeah so true.   Back in my 'younger days' I had leg surgery at age 20(almost 25 now ooooh) and man I was playing in a soccer league when I was supposed to still be in crutches.....don't feel that way now
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Cdnlouie

Great News Brian,

I believe in the divine care of all us foolish people  ::) who live to tear off down the road on two wheels.  God is patient and forbearing toward us all.  We will give thanks for that good report.

Now, for the Vision's health and welfare I would recommend getting a new fender so you can get that tank out for repair and a nice new red paint job.  Now you will need your lower triple tree bumper on the frame welded.  I can do that for you if you can get it down to me.  It would be best with the front forks stripped off so it is accessible.

You need a headlight bucket for sure as well so if you can collect that piece you will be ready to tidy everything up.

That's all I noticed after the accident but would be happy to take a closer look at things sometime to help with knowing what you might need.

Thanks for the good news,

Louie :)

Brian_Matthewson

Louie...
Thanks for the prelim assessment!
When you say "Now you will need your lower triple tree bumper on the frame welded."....I hadn't noticed any damage there...had it been sheared off???

Before I got my marching orders re don't use the arm, I drained the tank, removed the windshield, fender, fork brace, and engine guards. I think I can repair the fender...I've worked with fibreglass quite a bit and there are no pieces missing (thanks for putting the front piece of the fender in my tank bag). The fork brace was hard to remove, indicating some twisting force on the forks, but they're not necessarily bent.

The tank looks like it could be the hardest to repair, unless I go crazy with body filler!

Anyway, it will be awhile before I can get to any of this....and you're right Night Vision, I hope 6 weeks is the repair time.
Brian

Cdnlouie

Sounds like you are moving right along.  In order for the tubes to hit the tank something had to give, so your bumper on the frame lost a piece of steel out of it.  You don't want to put a repaired tank back on until that is fixed.  Ask around on the fender or go to ebay as they sell pretty cheap.

I wanted to remind you of the option to have your T-shirt (the one the emergency people cut off) framed as a memorial of the event.  I stuck that in your tank bag as well. You can't wear it, but you can hang it.

Keep mending,

Louie

Brian_Matthewson

Louie...
Thanks for clarifying the bumper problem...I'll have to take a look at it.

I appreciate your saving the T shirt for me but I'm afraid it's more of a reminder than I need...it's going!!

Brian

MotorPlow

I have an extra front fender, just let me know where to send it.

Tiger

:) :) Hi Guy's,
I was just on the 'phone with Brian Mathewson.....He starts physio' next week as well as a visit to el medico....He has limited movement as well as a fair amount of pain....to remind him of the accident. However, he is in good spirit and thanks you all for your concern and kind word's of encouragement.... 8)
His "V"....Thats another story....Bent forks, gas tank dented (where the handle bars dug in), should be repairable, bust fender..headlight bucket..headlight bracket, s.s. brake line nipped....etc  :'(
I'll give him a full set of fork's with triple trees and a headlight bracket and some other odds 'n ends.....However, it will be a few months before Brian will ride again (still can't drive his car yet!!) and I told him "not to worry about his "V" " ......I'm sure we can muster a "Repair Crew" to help out and repair his Vision..... ;)

;D      TIGER        8)

YellowJacket!

Brian,
I have an extra Headlight assembly - Bucket, Glass and Chrome.  Its in great condition and its yours - NO CHARGE.
PM me your address and I'll send it to you.
Get well soon!

Best Regards,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian_Matthewson

Thanks Dave!!
Email with address on it's way  :)
Brian

Tiger

:) Hi Guy's,
I phoned Brian Mathewson on Thursday to find out how the "healing process" is going.......here is a copy of his e-mail..... :)

"The arm is much more mobile now and day-to-day tasks are about 90% doable without discomfort. I still can't exert much force with my right arm so wrenching on the V is still difficult. The orthopedic surgeon says it's 6 weeks to get good mobility back, but three months to heal the damage...looks like this riding season is a write-off!
I've been able to take it apart a bit to determine the damage...add to the list...speedo cable broken and instrument cluster board cracked badly but might be fixable with Crazy Glue. I knew there was a problem when I tried to reset the trip meter and it wouldn't budge!"

I have told Brian not to worry, as he is covered by "The ROV Family" Policy.... ;D ;D :D ;)

;D       TIGER        8)