News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

WAL-MART BATTERIES

Started by fiddlesticks, November 07, 2006, 02:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiddlesticks

As much as I hate to buy anything from Wallymart, crappy tire just wants too damned much for their v battery. The problem is that they guy at walmart cant look up the battery by application. (Or couldnt be bothered)  So my questions to you kind folks are
1. Has anyone used a Walmart battery in the V?
2. What is the Wallymart part number?

Thanks Fiddle
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Cdnlouie

Hi there Fdstks,

I bought one 2 years ago at the wholesaler "Battery World"  1535 Meyerside Drive Unit 16, Mississauga, ON (905) 565-6558, www.magnacharge.com.  It has worked great and still looks good.  It sold then for 51.95. and has a one year warranty.  They are north on Dixie Road from the 401. Not far from Princess Auto (one of those famous tool and gadget places for Vision owners to browse). I didn't like the Cdn. Tire price either.

The part number is: 14L-A2.  This is probably the same number used at Wal-mart if you want to check on it.

Louie

YellowJacket!

I got a replacement battery from Advanced Autoparts for something like $38.00 US.  It came to just over 45.00 with tax.  Just over a year and going strong (uh oh! - JINX)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Sable

I got an Interstate battery from an auto parts store and it didn't last long, and it cost close to $60.00. Currently I have a trickle charger and battery from Wally World and it has been in my V for the last two seasons. Usually, they have a digital lookup machine near the batteries to tell you what to use.

I can't complain... the charger was only $20.00 and the battery was $40.00 and I got the core charge back when I brought in the Interstate.

~John
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Tiger

:) Hi Fid',

My "V" came with a wallymart bat'...terminal's where the opposite way around and the battery was slightly taller, so the plastic cover didn't fit correctly. The previous owner had "modified" the battery box to fit the battery!!!...(read butchered!!!).
I picked up the correct one at Zdeno Cycle for around about...$52.00... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

Quote from: canadianlouie on November 07, 2006, 03:25:56 PM

The part number is: 14L-A2.  This is probably the same number used at Wal-mart if you want to check on it.

US WallyBatt part number is ES14LA2 (from receipt) similar to what cndlou said

Quote from: Tiger on November 07, 2006, 05:07:32 PM
:) Hi Fid',

My "V" came with a wallymart bat'...terminal's where the opposite way around and the battery was slightly taller, so the plastic cover didn't fit correctly. The previous owner had "modified" the battery box to fit the battery!!!...(read butchered!!!).
I picked up the correct one at Zdeno Cycle for around about...$52.00... 8)

that's crazy scary
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Coil Coyle

Fiddlesticks,
                 NAPA is where I buy my filters and Batteries, everything else online for price.
http://locator.zip411.net/clients/napa/en/ is what I got tryiong to get a canadian address, you need to go and put in your postal code for an address.
                In the states there business model is a local owner and crew with large purchasing power. Every store I have ever purchased from has given me a discount for just mentioning that I live near it and explaining "I don't want you to loose money selling to me, I just want to buy at a store where they know what they are doing and they have good parts"
                 You might spend list the first purchase, but if you purchase without comment and remain positive you will buy at wholesale from then on. At least, that has been my evperience.
                 Their Filters, batteries and plugs (Iridium tip) are quality. (Don't buy the plugs until at least your second trip, filter won't cost much even at list and you will get to share your 25 year old bike hobby with them while they look. Let other people go ahead of you and relax them your first purchase.)
                   Oh yeah,wear the clothes your'e working in when you visit the store.

$00,000.02
Try 'em.
;)
coil
Good Luck

kiawrench

mine i s wally world battery es14l-a2   same as others--- been going strong 2 yrs , and only weekend a month on trickle charge . (my working weekend ,when not sick)
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

NAPA - 12N14-3A made in Taiwan
Parts Unlimited - 12N14-3A made in USA
Interstate - YTX14AHL-BS made in USA
WallyBatt- ES14LA2 made in Taiwan

only physical difference is PU has caps, WallyBatt and the rest have the sealing strip... (not to be confused with a sealed battery)

they all work, whatever you get... maintain it..

Still like my Interstate the best... and it's the heaviest of those listed above
Everstart (WallyBatt) and NAPA very similar and the same weight...
Parts Unlimited is the lightest.....

you're bound to find a bad one in the bunch once in awhile... keep the receipt
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Kenny

I bought mine at Crappy Tire in 1998 $62.cad just replaced it this year. Six years -on the solar charger when not in use.
  Warranty's done but I bought my replacement from them again.
                 Still riding with the vents on Warm!
           Ride safe Kenny
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

kwells

love the don't forget to wear the clothes you're working in comment...do you say that so you aren't looked at like just another yahoo?
I've found that's what happens.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Coil Coyle

Quote from: kwells on November 07, 2006, 10:20:32 PM
love the don't forget to wear the clothes you're working in comment...do you say that so you aren't looked at like just another yahoo?
I've found that's what happens.

Kwell,              ;)                              I prefer to consider it as an action affirming the parts guy and myself share an elemental human social bond here as we both exist in this strata of time and space          ;D      regardless of definition the parts get cheaper                   ;D
8)
coil

fiddlesticks

Hey everyone
Thanks very much for all the responses and part numbers.  You guys are way more helpful than that Wallyworld automotive guy. I wanna go back there and ask him what the hell they are paying him for.lol
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"