News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Windshield Height

Started by CH3NO2, April 06, 2003, 07:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH3NO2

Does anyone have theasurement of the height of a stock '83 windshield? I got an '83 fairing for my '82 but it came without a windshield. I want to try to make my own but I need the height.

Thanks
Al

CH3NO2

That was supposed to read "the measurement" !!!
Fat finger syndrome!!!

Lucky

Stock hight is roughly 16" from the centerscrew to the top of the windshield.  The one I made for mine is approx 18". I have to re-do mine because I uesed plexi instead of Lexan like I should have, and by the end of the sesson it was cracked to hell.  when I remake another one, i'm going to put a very slight flip-up at the top, (5 degrees or less)
Let me know what you find for prices, the best I could do was $45 for a 2x2 piece of .080
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Humber

So the besto option would be to ask me for a favour

I have recently found a POlish manufacturer that produces VIsion windshields (every colour you wish, original or touring form) and they ask for them 50 EURO, I would be willing to send it to you if you only wish..

I have ordered a touring form from them (5 cm longer with a nice spoiler), tinted by 10% and i will send you a photo in the nearest future (don't have it now)...

If you want an original form - no problem... black, grey, red... anythign you wish...

I will get mine on Wednesday so I will post pictures to the Forum

(Anyway, I saw their products since it was my friend who told me about them.... really nice and cheap...)

Yours truly Paul (Humber)
nie ma podpis?w

CH3NO2

Found a .093" x 18" x 24" piece at Home Depot for $11.93. Thanks for the offer Humber. I will try to make mine first, but if it doesn't work out I will contact you.

Al

Lucky

Becareful, I got my first piece at home depot too, and that's what cracked, make sure you get Lexan, not plexiglass.  also you may have trouble making .093 curve easily.  if it looks like you will need to add extra fasteners, then it is too thick and will end up cracking.  normaly the windshield material should bend easily enough to be held with nylon screws & nuts.  also i used a strip of the soft side of Velcro inbetween the windshield & fairing to keep the dust out.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

CH3NO2

It is definately Lexan. I'll let you know how it turns out.