News:

Main Menu

Charging issues blah

Started by inanecathode, July 10, 2010, 03:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

Just a thought,  the squeeze-out of sealer inside the cases,  . . . . . . if any of that gets loose it could cause serious problems in oil passages.  It's probably worth getting a finger dirty to spread that stuff more evenly so it doesn't pooch out inside.  Maybe Yamaha passages aren't so susceptible to such things, but Honda certainly is. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

inanecathode

I didnt take a picture, but when i use rtv i feather it so there isnt any actually near the edge on the inside, very very thin on the section that does have it, I actually dont mind the squeeze on the outside, it's something to grab and pull off the old sealant later, and provides a handy drip edge so i can tell exactly where its leaking in the future ;) People by and large use WAY! too much sealant when they do use it. There shouldnt be any squeeze at all actually, the tips they give you with the sealant tubes are worthless, you dont ever need nearly that much. The variance in the edges are in the fractions of thousandths of an inch, you only need enough to color the metal a little, not gobs and gobs how it dispenses. The way i was told by the permatex guy himself is 1/4 of the width of the metal that touches metal tall and wide.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////